Chapter 7 Village of the Dead

Carne villagers were all gathered at the village's center, surrounded by Baharut Empire's knights. Corpses of those who tried to fight them littered the ground between the buildings. Knights still were gathering more villagers that tried to hid in their houses. 

 Among those knights was a man of noble birth that was leading this whole operation, he was sitting on a horse. He watched from distance as villagers cried in fear for their lives. He smirked slightly as he knew that the operation was coming to an end today. In future everyone will remember the part he took in bringing down legendary Gazef Stronoff.

 Noble looked towards his captain and asked.

"Captain! Are your men ready to finish it? I think we spend too much time in this village."

 Captain turn around and walked up quickly to the Noble.

"I think we are ready, mine lord. But I must say that two of mine men went into a pursuit after a young girl and a child. They entered a forest and didn't come back yet. I heard that many monsters lurk in those forests, I worry for mine men."

 Noble chuckled slightly as he heard that.

"I see. Continue with the operation. I am sure that those men of yours will be back after they have...'fun' with that girl. If they claim to be Slane Theocracy's knights, they won't be taken down by some mere monsters."

 Captain nodded and went back to his men that finished gathering villagers. He frowned slightly and cursed under his nose as he did not liked what they were doing. They were meant to be sword of the gods, to protect humankind not kill it.

As he approached his men he pointed towards two of them and then pointed towards the forest.

"You two! Stand guard near the forest! Look out for any monsters and for your comrades. And the rest of you...Leave no witnesses!"

 As he gave an order, the killing continued. Women cried as men were killed when they tried to protect their families. While few were stabbed in the back whhen trying to escape. Meanwhile, two knights listened to their captain's order and stood near the forest border.

As they stood there keeping guard, they suddenly heard something moving. Though the sound of screams and slaughter, sound of metal clanking was heard. Knights looked at each other before pulling out their swords. They took few steps back before a blue flame appered in a distance. It moved quickly towards them, one of the knights squinted, trying to see what is coming. The light that peered though the trees revealed two men, in black half plate armor running towards them.

"What the-UGH?!"

 Be he could finish his sentence, knight's torso was pierced by a giant glaive. Second knight's eyes widen, he lift his sword up and screamed.

"ALARM! ENEMIES!"

 But before he could say anything else, with one overhead swing Spirit Warrior overpowered his guard and cut his head in two. Captain heard his man scream and once he turned around he looked on confused who the new arriving warriors were. Quickly he pulled out his sword and together with the rest of his warriors he stood in front of the Spirit Warriors.

 On the back of their formation, the Noble in command frowned in anger. It seems that this day will be more tiring the he wants it to be.

"You two! Who are you!?"

 Noble asked Spirit Warriors who were finally done pulling out their weapons from the knight's corpses. Warriors looked up at the Noble man and watched him in silence, which the noble did not expect. With every second, Noble grew more and more uneasy with the silence coming off from the Spirit Warriors.