Chapter 9 Forgemaster

Two days have passed since Carne's destruction. Shadow Demons, spies send out by Demiurge on Alucard's orders, brought news from the Re-Estize. They said that people of kingdom and king himself are mourning for Gazef's lost, while Nobles are silently celebrating loss of the only obstacle on their way to power.

 Alucard was very pleased with that information. Such development only meant that soon Re-Estize will be in turmoil and outside forces will try to gain from it. Alucard wants to behave accordingly and also get as much influence as he can for Nazarick. 

 But before he can do that, he needs to gather even more forces...

 Demiurge's tail slowly swayed from side to side as he walked through the Royal Suite. He glanced around, and saw Homunculus Maids and various other creatures run errands for their dark masters. Going in and out of the rooms, carrying paper, bottles of ink and other magical materials.

 Various renovations began to take place in the Royal Suite. While many previous establishment haven't been touch, few were changed.

 Those renovations were:

 Two rooms filled with bunk beds and lockers. Those were constructed on Isabella's command. Here will be sleeping children taken from Carne. Here they will come to rest after their training and studies.

 A big workshop with alchemy set was constructed for Alucard who will do his experiments there.

  Arch Demon was summoned by Alucard to his workshop where he wants to show Demiurge his research and creations. Demiurge didn't waste time to respond to his master's call. He didn't liked making him wait and thought of learning something new was tempting. 

 Demiurge soon arrived at the Workshop. He pushed the door open and was meet with a dark room. Only lighten up by candles glowing rocks. He slowly made his way towards the center of the room before a foul stench hit his nose.

 He didn't grimace at the smell as he was used to one such like this he glanced to the side of the room and saw two carts filled with human corpses. Those were residents of Carne Village and few soldiers that were under Gazef's command. 

 He turned back forward and saw Alucard working with something on a big, stone table. When he was closer he got a better look. On the table was corpse of a dog, it's head was cut in half and it missed a chunk of it's side. 

 He saw Alucard work on the corpse with surgical instruments. But those were not just any surgical instruments. Those were covered in runes, enhanced by magic. With few moves of a scalpel and needle, dog's head was sewn together, leaving almost no mark. Then dog's broken rib cage was repaired by Alucard's magic. 

 When Vampire Lord was done he placed his surgical instruments down on a metal tray. He cleaner his hands with a piece of cloth. As he turned around his eyes meet Demiurge's, hidden by glasses. 

"Oh, Demiurge. You are already here..."

 He exclaimed seemingly surprised. Arch Demon bowed down a little in response and smiled.

"Of course, Professor. When I heard you want to share your research with me, I came as fast as i could."

 Alucard chuckled slightly and nodded, moving towards a next table, placed next to the previous one.

"Yes, good. I like this curious side of yours. Tell me, are those corpses good enough for your own experiments?"

 Demiurge straightened up and nodded.

"So far yes, I was able to find out few things thanks to them."

 Alucard placed down the cloth piece and picked up a notebook with a pen, he opened it and started to write down few things.