Chapter 12

"-e's awake!" In front of his eyes, he stared blankly ahead. His body aches everywhere, making it painful to move in the slightest. "What happened?" asked Palo. His head clearing a bit, he couldn't help but stare at the Oshawott in front of him. "What are you doing here?! Where were you?! Where are we?!"

As painful as it was, the penguin moved his head to look around the room. "And where's Lily?!"

Yato shrugged. "I don't know. Also, you have a visitor," the Oshawott's face saddened. "I'm sorry for what happened to your mission." And with that, the extremely peppy Oshawott exited the room, that usual trait gone.

Palo left dumbfounded, lay still. For a first mission as a new rescue team, he blew it. In his nest, the Piplup could hear the muffled cries and pleas of a familiar Leafeon. He needed to do something.

Lifting up head-first, another Pokemon entered the room. Oh, right. Yato told him that there was a visitor. "M-Merry!" Palo shouted, surprised. The Chansey however, shared the same tone as the Oshawott. "Palo," she began. Starting off like that didn't mean good talk. "They told me what happened." The Piplup was thrown back by this as the pink Pokemon continued. "Exploration teams are already looking for Lily. Are you sure you want to be here?" Palo stayed silent. "I'll let you think about it."

And so, he was left alone again in the room. The cries were still there and the news given after what happened quietened Palo further. Yet still, this didn't feel right.
* * *
"Wakey-wakey, Vee!" After being woken up, Lily yawned and stretched. For the first time during this mission, the Eevee had room to move. Too bad this also meant it was the first time she and her kidnapper would be awake at the same time. Right before her was a Sylveon grinning happily down with a bunch of berries in her mouth.

For what was seemingly an awful while, the Sylveon set the berries down in front of Lily, nudging them forward. "Vee eat!" The fairy-type's smile was unsettling to say the least, Lily eating the food given with cautious eyes.

One by one, the Eevee ate the berries slowly until she was lifted off the ground by the scruff. "Eevee!"

The Sylveon was persistent in not letting go of the other Pokemon, running full speed to a lake in Willow Woods before dropping her roughly. "Sylv make Vee drink!" "E-eevee…" Lily complied, lapping at the water. The Sylveon's smile widened. "Syl-vee."

Joined by the other, while it wasn't the best, Lily got an idea. Now the question was if this was worth it over being with a maybe crazy Sylveon…

Sploosh

"Sylveon!"

In the water she swam, in a desperate attempt to get away from this Pokemon. And then it hit her. Lily doesn't know how to swim.

Now underwater, the Eevee inched as far as she could with her sinking body, holding her breath… losing vision… again…