réalisations

"realisations"

June Fourteenth, 1945

GRINDELWALD SPOTTED BACK IN AUSTRIA!

Juliette sighed, crumpling The Daily Prophet in her hands and setting fire to it. She was currently sitting upstairs, tucked away on an old rocking chair. The store wasn't open yet, and the Borgins and Burkes were not here yet.

Between the muggle war and the wizarding one- she wasn't sure how much longer she could stand it. Despite both of her parents possessing magic, she still had to follow the muggle war, considering that the town she lived in also housed muggle-borns.

And in recent years, when she travelled back to London, she of course needed to know where the Axis Powers currently were, and if it was even safe for her to travel.

While her parents preferred that she travelled using Floo Powder or Portkey, she chose muggle transportation. In the cold winters, when she was stuck in the grey castle that was Beauxbatons, staring out into the snow-covered trees, all she could think about was the train ride that took her back to 13B Knockturn Alley.

Although she would never admit it (for fear of being labelled a blood-traitor), some of her best memories were with the muggles she met on that train. For example, when she was seventeen, the train was particularly crowded. She found a compartment with three other kids who looked to be about her age.

She asked if she could join them, to which they agreed with no complaints. She took a better look at them.

A brunette girl sat next to a black-haired boy, and Juliette sat next to a boy with dirty blonde hair, similar to her own.

"My name is Ambrose Hawthorne and those two," the blonde boy gestured, "are Pierce and Camila Winslow."

"You can call me Cami," The brunette girl smiled.

"Juliette," she smiled back.

The rest of their train ride, while only being a few hours, was filled with some of the most delightful conversations Juliette had ever had. She felt as if she had known these people for years. The war was never brought up once, despite all of the stomach-churning events that had already occurred that year.

Once they reached England the four parted ways, and Juliette never saw them again. She hoped they were still alive.

"What was the headline?"

She blinked, not realising she was becoming lost in thought. She glanced quickly at Tom. "Grindelwald was spotted in Austria."

"That is good news, then."

Her eyes widened, her mouth hanging open at his statement, almost falling out of her chair. "What?" For the love of all things unholy, if I work with one of his supporters-

"I fear you misunderstand me, Juliette. Last we knew, he was in the custody of the Magical Congress of the United States of America, correct? Well, clearly, he escaped, but now he is back in Europe."

"No shit, Tom. I still fail to see why that is a good thing." She stood up, as it was nearing 8:15, and she knew she needed to open the store soon. Plus, if her arrogant bloke of a coworker really was one of Grindelwald's acolytes, she preferred to be near an exit.

"Have you not heard of the rumours?" He asked, following her.

"What rumours?"

"That the Dark Wizard has a match."