[01]

Scaramouche walked angrily on the meeting place that contains the nobles of the nation such useless pathetic trashes nobility faction, when he got inside the room with the four duke behind him the nobles was quick on their knees. “Your majesty, The Emperor.” They greeted Scaramouche, Scaramouche then sat on his seat facing all the nobles himself.

“What's the current issue?” he said, although he was known as the tyrant ruler he too has a duty and that was too make sure people is living safely in Inazuma as that what his mother wants, “The problem is that the crops are dying causing by the heat at the east, If this keeps up your majesty i'm afraid many people will not survive with shortage of crops.” The chancellor said, “Then summon the hydro mages.” Scaramouche said.

Ayato, the duke of west replied. “We already did your majesty, unfortunately they did not gave us a reply. The grand mage wasn't there as of the moment.” Scaramouche's ears perked. “What did you say?” The room went silent as they saw their emperor aura filling with bloodlust, “Who dares disobey me? The pathetic mages of the tower?” He scoffed. “They must have a death wish.”

“I'll go to the tower alone, Sara fetch me my sword.” He threatened which made the people in the room terrified as they saw scaramouche's face filled with killing intent.

Outside the palace, a woman was busy searching for food, fruits to be exact. She just had escaped her house, being trapped there for years. You felt your stomach growl as you sighed. “What is this place...” You said and took a good look around, you weren't familiar with this place either because you haven't been outside since you were born you were kept at your house by your own mother, and you never understood why.

You saw different people's in a metal uniform you were also confused on what those people are, Suddenly you came across five different people. “Who are you? Why are you here?” Said the girl with blueish hair, and had amber eyes. You shook your head waving yout hands on the air signaling that you meant no harm. You saw the person with purple hair he had dark blue hue colored eyes he was wearing a rather fancy outfit and was holding a sword on his hand. “Are you not able to speak? Do you not know who this person is?!” The maroon-haired man exclaimed which made you tremble.

“A peasant?” You heard the man said looking at you, you tried to tell him that you weren't a peasant by your hands. Since your mother specifically told you that you should never let out your voice to anyone. “Bow down to the Emperor!” The woman said your eyes widened, The emperor?

You trembled as you saw him glared at you. You shut your eyes at him as he clicked his tongue, “Bring this woman to the dungeon. Don't kill her yet.” Your eyes widened, suddenly the woman catched you as she forcefully got you in a dark eerie like chamber. You shook the bars as you tried to catch her attention, “Are you mute?” she asked.

You shook your head while hesitating, “I-I'm not..” You said in which her eyes widened upon hearing your voice. “Y-You're—”

The three dukes were rubbing their temples as they witnessed the bloody tower, “Where's your great archmage now?!” Scaramouche said as he pulled the innocent mage's collar shaking him violently causing him to quiver in fear. “F-Forgive me emperor but I do not know.” The three dukes knew that they needed to prepare for another bloody sight again if that archmage didn't show up minutes from now.

“What are you doing to my people?” A woman's voice echoed the room, Scaramouche turned his heel to see a woman with two twin pigtails, she had gray colored eyes and was wearing an oak and a big hat on her head. “So you were the person behind the mage's tower?” Scaramouche said almost letting out a scoff, “I am telling you. Let go of my disciple.” She threatened scaramouche.

“How daring of you, I can destroy this tower with my will.” He retorted back which made the mage glare at him, “Y-You're the emperor.” She said. Scaramouche took a proper look at her face, he held her face to take a proper good look on her beauty. “What's your name?” He asked.

“Mona Megistus.” She replied looking away.

“Ayato, Kazuha bring this mage to the palace, we will discuss things there. You better not play any dirty tricks on me or I will not hesitate to destroy this tower for you.” Mona's brow furrowed in anger she was asked to follow the two dukes. Her disciple signalled her to be wary and be safe against the emperor.

Later mona was thrown in the exact same location as you, you saw her and you waved your hands to her. “Did that bastard emperor took you here too?!” She said as she sat down close to you, you never knew her you were just happy that you had someone to be with in this dark gloomy cell rather than being alone. You nodded and she only lets out a frustrated sigh.

While scaramouche was going back to the palace the direction from the temple lit up meaning a new prophecy has come down, Scaramouche clicked his tongue. Entering the palace's throne room, there he saw the saintess of the nation. A light pink haired lady with blueish hue colored eyes.

“Greetings the sun of eternity, I am Kokomi the Divine Saintess of the temple.”

“The heavens have bestowed a new oracle, regarding the future empress consort, The divine oracle says, a woman with gentle heart to free the people from the shackles of hardship with her gentle kind soul.

“It means that another oracle will come down soon whoever the one who will be granted a name by the heavens is the empress consort your majesty.”

Scaramouche pondered for a moment before dismissing the saintess, after the oracle reading scaramouche went to his study to continue his paper works that needs some attending, another restless night however at this point he was used to it. Getting three hours of sleep or none, He is used to it, it wasn't even surprising anymore.

“Your majesty, it's us.” Scaramouche stopped for a moment, “Come in.” he said. Sara, Ayato, Kazuha, and Heizou came in. “Your majesty, I discovered something. The woman we caught this morning.”

“The peasant girl?” Sara nodded, “I think she may be the person that can help you with your sleeping problems, as suggested by the saintess.” Scaramouche scoffed, a cure for his insomnia? Was theres such thing?

“Your majesty, That woman is a siren.”

____

siren — : a woman who sings with enchanting sweetness.