[04]

You fluttered your eyes open to see Scaramouche on his study looking stressed as he quickly signed those documents lying around his table, Scaramouche looked at you brows raised. “You're up?” You looked away as you nodded. Scaramouche walked closer to you which made you nervous. “Who?” He asked you which made you tilt your head in confusion.

“I'm sorry..?” You asked, He sighed. “Who made you cry?” Your eyes widened, he saw you cried. “N-No, I just miss my mother.” You lied as you shook your head at him, he seemed to buy your lie or silently doubting you but what he did next almost caught you off guard, He joined you on the bed as he glared at you, your mouth closed as soon as you felt him glaring at you.

“Sing me a song.” You sighed as you prepared to sing, A little later you felt he was asleep compared to earlier when he was awake you saw his complexion got better, You sighed and left his room, When you got outside you saw Mona and her personal maid looking at you, your eyes widened, Mona looked away and continued to walk away.

“Forget it.” You mumbled quietly as you came back to your own room as you slept again, Life at the palace was hard. You didn't like it.

You didn't want to be the empress.

The next day you were having a lesson with Mona and Ayaka, This time it was a proper etiquette lesson for the future Empress. Ayaka balanced a book on your head, You stared at Mona she was walking gracefully with three stacks of book on her head. “Now if you may, Ms. Y/N.” Ayaka said you sighed as you tried you were waddling to balance just one book how much more if Ayaka adds more. “Oh my, the empress needs to be dignified at all times.” A voice said you all whipped your attention to see Scaramouche and his Mother both looking at you, Mona and Ayaka greeted them both but you stood there clueless.

Just when you remembered the etiquette Ayaka taught you, You expressed your greetings to them. Scaramouche clicked his tongue as he stared at you. “You. You are lacking in so many ways.” His mother chuckled. “Now now, Y/N is not a noble. I'm sure she'll adapt soon.” You saw him roll his eyes as he continued to observe you walk and fail horribly.

.

“Lady Y/N you need to catch up to Lady Mona soon, as a ball will be held soon to celebrate his majesty's birthday.” You sighed and gave Ayaka a smile. “I-I will try my best, Ayaka.” she smiled at you.

Ayaka gave you some time to relax and you found yourself on the same garden again these time you admired the flowers on the field, It was beautiful. “Who are you and why are you in the Empress’ Garden?” You jolted as you looked at the owner of the voice, there you saw a man with dark green hair with teal colored streaks on the side he had amber eyes. You didn't know him you looked left to right to find a way to escape, You ran away from him without answering him.

He called you, but you didn't dare to bat an eye. “Xiao? Who were you talking to?” Xiao saw his adoptive father said, He was together with the empress dowager. Xiao bowed to express his greetings towards the woman. “My, Prince Xiao you're as handsome as ever.” the woman complimented, “You flatter me, Your highness.” He said he looked back to the direction where you've gone, but there was no single trace of you. “Did you encounter someone? Was it my Kuni?” Ei said hands on her face. But she knew who Xiao encountered. She was just thankful you didn't encounter with someone more complicated. “Ah no, I must be hallucinating.” He said.

Zhongli looked at Xiao's troubled expression, He felt that wasn't just some matter. “So, Morax you came here you must came here for something Am I right?” Ei said seriously, Zhongli nodded. “Still sharp as lightning, I see Ei?” Zhongli said, his amber eyes landed on on the field of roses on the garden. “I came here as I got a threat from the Snezhnaya, She must have a war prepares again, I came to warn you of course.” Ei's face was replaced with dissatisfied.

“And knowing it's Kunikuzushi's birthday soon she might send you an envoy, or better yet she might send her princess.” Ei's lips pursed into a thin line. “She just doesn't want peace within us seven nation.” She replied and Zhongli nodded. “She never did want that.”

“But Morax, I need to ask you something.”

_

“Cloud Retainer! Guizhong!” Shenhe exclaimed holding a newspaper on her hands, “Shenhe? What happened why do you look so distress?” Cloud Retainer asked her adoptive daughter, Shenhe gave the newspaper to the both of them trembling. Guizhong read it and her face went pale, like her blood came down from her body. “Y/N is at the palace?!” She said in panic.

“And she was granted a second name too, So she was a candidate for the empress seat.” Shenhe said which made Guizhong stagger on the ground, “No.. My Y/N she'll get hurt there, She can't.. Cloud Retainer we need to get Y/N out of there..” Guizhong looked at the old woman as her eyes screamed in desperate she needed to get her daughter back otherwise the mortals will treat her as if she a dirt on the ground.

“Guizhong! Calm your mind!” Cloud Retainer said as she held Guizhong supporting her. “I can't.. my Y/N...” She said.

.

She lost her people, She can't also lose you too.

“The emperor's birthday is soon, There maybe we can get Y/N out but there's a problem, We can't get in without official invitation.. Do you think this is the time to go back to the Land?” Shenhe asked, Guizhong bite her lips. “No, we will enter by force.”

“But Guizhong! This nation is not the same as the one you ruled! This is the nation Raiden Ei ruled what's worse is that the current ruler is her son not her.”

“Exactly! I've heard many terrible rumors from work that the current emperor is a tyrant then, the more reason we should save Y/N!” She said making the two sigh. “Are you really not gonna ask help in our Land?”

“No, That land is long gone and the current ruler of it, We are not in friendly relationship either, She may not even help me rather endanger me and my daughter.”

Shenhe looked away, “Then how about h—” Guizhong looked at her which made Shenhe stop as he looked away. “Shenhe, please don't mention it.”

“I understand, Guizhong. Apologies.”