1.

"Daddy can you hear the devil drawing near
Like a bullet from a gun, run daddy run." Miranda Lambert, Run Daddy Run

Louis

On Manchester street sat an old church in Doncaster, UK filled with a crowd. Variety of different people, listening to Pastor Tomlinson preach. Among those, his sixteen year-old son Louis. Mark Tomlinson had started the church twenty years ago when he was in his mid thirties. He devoted his life to God and made it his mission to spread the Lords word around the UK. And if he was successful enough, travel all around the world. He married a woman by the name of Johanna, who was brought up in her own parents church. Together they had a child and chose to raise their little boy the same way. In the church.

"Before you all leave," Pastor Tomlinson said after finishing the closing prayer. "I would like to remind you our annual community dinner is tomorrow night." A series of cheers erupted from the church members.

Louis watched as his father waited till they settled down to before continue. "Any questions please contact me or my wife. Hope you all have a blessed day."

One by one the pews in the church emptied. After service the people chose to converse outside. Telling each other about the hardships they faced during the week and how God brought them through it. His parents always willing to listen. Louis stood up waiting for his father and mother to come down from the stage.

"That was a great service Mark." His mother praised, kissing her husband.

He watched as his face turned into one of appreciation, nodding. "I do whatever the Lord tells me," He replied. "What did you think Louis?" He asked, turning the attention to his only child.

"It was good." Louis smiles. Louis William Tomlinson, raised in his fathers church since he came home from the hospital on Halloween.

Louis' parents always called him there little miracle. His mother and father showed him endless love. Taking turns, every night reading him children books based of events from the bible. He was baptized at two, and his first word was amen.

Being raised with his parents enforcement of Christ, when Louis was old enough he still kept the religion he was raised in. Not like he had a choice. He went to church every Sunday and wanted to wait till marriage to loss his virginity. He kept a bible with him at all times and volunteered for almost everything. The perfect Christian child.

"Well let's get home so I can cook Sunday dinner. I'm sure you both are starving." Johann's joked.

Agreeing. The family walked of the church grounds. Passing a few people standing, deep into conversations.

Louis slid into the back seat of the 2012 Volkswagen Jetta. Waiting until the engine roared to life and church music instantly played. "Jesus is powerful," They sang. "The devil is our enemy a defeated foe."

Johanna sang along to the song, thinking of how to prepare the chicken waiting at home to be cooked. Her husband stopped at a red light causing the cross handing form the mirror to swing. When the car started again the CD began to skip. Repeating 'devil' over and over.

Louis grew annoyed at the repeating word. "Mom can you please just take it out?" Louis asked with a roll of his eyes.

"Oh I hope it's not skipping," Johanna said. "I let Emma borrow it last week. My favorite CD." She mumbled.

The radio turned off, stopping the CD. Johanna sighed, streaming out complaints about Emma. She messed around with the radio some more. Taking the CD out and putting it back in, three times. Each time, the green letters on the radio read, 'NO DISC.'

Mark could sense the disappointment radiating off Johanna.
"It's fine honey. I'll look at it when I get home." Mark reassured his wife.

When his father finally pulled up to their two-story stucco house. Louis was the first one out the car. He went in racing up the stairs, relieved to finally be home. He changed out of his Sunday clothes in records time. Substituting them for a white tee shirt and flannel pants, after a long shower.

Groaning, Louis threw himself on his bed thinking about tomorrow. He had so much work to do helping his father, to make the community dinner a success. The missions was to get as many people to the dinner as possible. Then tell them all about the church and get them to join. And Louis wasn't too excited about being a spokesperson. He believed everyone should look to be apart of a church. Inviting them to his father's would bring them one step closer to building a relationship with god.

"Louis," His mother called from the doorway. "Dinner is finished. Wash up and come downstairs."

He took the carpeted steps one at a time till he reached the wooden hallway floor. Louis washed his hands in the kitchen sink while his mother set the table. Baked chicken, mash potatoes, and peas.

"Mark!," Johanna called. "You need to come bless the food."

In his office, Mark sat trying to figure out what happened to the CD. He put disk into the computer and opened the jumping media icon. Nothing. The track list had completely disappeared. Mark didn't know much about technology but he knew something wasn't right. He heard is Johanna's voice summoning him for dinner and shut the computer down.

Louis and Johanna where already seated at the table when he walked in, dinner spread out in different bowls.

Mark took his place and started prayer. "Bless, O Lord, this food we are about to eat; and we pray You, O God, that it may be good for our body and soul; and if there be any poor creature hungry or thirsty walking along the road, send them into us that we can share the food with them, just as You share your gifts with all of us. Amen."

"Amen." Louis and his mother said.

Louis grabbed a small portion of potatoes and chicken. Like any other child, he hated his vegetables. His parents filled there plates and they sat in silence eating.

"Honey I tried to find what happened with the CD. But none of the songs showed up." Mark delivered the bad news.

"And that was my favorite one. Cynthia at the church gave it to me." She sighed.

"I'm sure you can find another one somewhere." Louis interjected.

"Yes, I'll go get you another one baby. You will have it in your hand by tomorrow."

"Thank you Mark." Johanna blew her husband a kiss.

"Anything for you my love."

Louis cringed at his parents affection. Minutes later he pushed his plate away.

"I'm done. I'm kinda tired from church. Plus, I need rest for the big day tomorrow." Louis said.

"Okay I'll clear your plate. Go get some rest."

Louis pushed his chair away from the table and kissed his mothers cheek. Johanna smiled at her son and couldn't help praising herself and her husband. For how well they raised Louis.

"Don't forget to say your prayers," Mark warned. "The devil might get ya'."

Louis laughed at his fathers words. The same threat he'd been saying since Louis was four. Once in his bedroom Louis curled under the covers. Falling asleep almost instantly as his head hit the pillow. Forgetting to say his prayers.