2.

Louis

Louis was certain about the worry hanging over his head. He could tell something was different the moment it turned October first. Everywhere inside his house was overwhelmed with tension and Louis hated it more than anything.

His bedroom became a safe haven, he rarely left. Mainly because his mother turned into a wreck that Louis didn't know how to handle. During the month of October, his mother became more emotional. Dragging around depressed, she would cry the entire day and just hold Louis. Or tell Louis to stay away, repeatedly apologizing to him and his father. Who was just as confused as Louis. When asked if she wanted to talk about it, his mom simply replied, "nothing can be done."

Thankfully, Louis had school to escape his mothers episodes. At the end of the week it would be October thirty first, meaning two things. One, his mothers breakdowns would hopefully be over. It was probably the month of Halloween that had her so stressed. Two, he was turning sixteen.

Unlike most kids Louis wasn't excited. He didn't have a huge extravagant party planned with limos and chocolate fountains. He never talked much about what they wanted to do for his birthday and his parents never brought it up.  He knew most likely he'd end up at Niall's house, eating pizza and watching movies.

The hallways were quiet in Doncaster High School, Louis walked down the tile floors, taking the familiar route to the library. He started his first year of high school here, now halfway through his second. His parents wanted to send him to Christian private school, but Louis decided against it. All his other friends and acquaintances gladly got except into Doncaster High and Louis wanted to be in a situation he would feel comfortable in. Also the private school was pretty far from home, meaning it would become difficult for him to continue attending his father's Church.

It was close to Halloween, exactly three days. And Louis wasn't into the spirit of ghost and candy. Nor was his best friend beside him, Niall Horan. Him and Niall had been friends since birth practically. There friendship wasn't something they'd chosen, seeing as thought their moms were best friends. But growing together they grew close and never seemed to mind.

It was well before seven, a time other students wouldn't dare step foot into school. But Louis and Niall had a things since the second semester of Freshman year. Coming early to study, finish assignments, or get answers from each other.

"I think it's stupid." Niall said addressing the decorations covering the white colored walls.

Everywhere you turned there was a ghost or spider or something Halloween related. Along with flyers about the traditional fair that always came to Doncaster on Halloween. The neon orange flyer averted "spooky fun" and "haunting rides."

"Yeah, I guess." Louis shrugged, pushing the double doors that lead to the library open.

Inside was just the librarian, Mrs. Susan, she greeted the two boys with a friendly smile. "Good morning boys."

Niall and Louis respectively returned the greeting. "Good morning ."

"Louis, tell your father Sunday's church service was great." She complimented.

"I'll be sure to tell him Mrs. Susan." Louis said, trying not to frown at the strong smell of coffee radiating off the woman.

Like most people in the town, Mrs. Susan went to church. She just so happened to attend the church Louis' father preached at. It wasn't unusual though, a few other staff at Doncaster High were members of his father's church.