3.

Louis

Mark pulled the SUV on the curb of the Nelson household. Char had moved into a subdivision called Rangers Grove late last year. They were both kinda devastated, Char for losing her childhood home and Louis for not being able to live next to his best friend anymore.

His dad placed the gear in park then looked to Louis. "Make sure you get to school tomorrow." He warned with a point of his finger.

"Okay dad." Louis sighed, knowing the only reason for his father saying such a thing was because he didn't trust Char.

"I'll call in and make sure. Don't play around." He warned again.

"Once again dad, I know." Louis said releasing his seatbelt and went to open the door, but stopped. "You think mom is going to be okay. I feel like she might need professional help dad."

Louis watched his dad sigh and run a hand across his face, as if that would wipe away the stress.
"I don't know Louis, she seems guilty about something, but never wants to talk about it."

"I just wish I could get inside her head. I hear her mumbling things like “He's coming” or “I can't take it back.” Dad I'm worried." Louis looked at his dad for some type of answers. Maybe he knew something, but didn't want to say anything.

"Don't worry about any of this. You should be focused on Friday. You're gonna be sixteen, officially a man." Mark joked, a toothy grin on his face. "Start planning your future, with how smart you are. It's pretty bright."

"Yeah dad, I should get inside though. Wasting study time."

Louis bid goodbye to his dad and made his way up the creaking wooden steps. He didn't have to knock because the door was already opened and Char's little sister, Catherine, stood smiling up at Louis. "Louis!" The six year old cheered, jumping in his arms.

"Hi Cathy." He greeted, placing the girl back on the ground.

"Cathy!" A voice called from inside the house. "How many times have I told you not to- oh. It's just you." Char's scolding voiced cooled.

Louis knew Cathy had a bad habit of opening the door for just anyone.
He laughed at Char's appearance, she stood with a half eaten slice of pizza and pajamas. A tank tops covered in hearts and cotton shorts with pandas.

"Yes it's just me," Louis repeated. "Did you find clothes from 7 years ago or?"

Char's face turned into one of confusion then lightly punching Louis when she understood. "Oh fuck you asshole. Get inside."

"Bad words Charlavoy!" Cathy exclaimed covering her mouth and giggling.

Louis smirked, "You heard her. Bad words Charlavoy." He laughed harder when Char hit him again.

"Cathy go watch tv or bother mom. Me and Louis are doing to study." Cathy frowned but followed her sisters directions and went into the living room.

"You hungry?" Char asked Louis motioning to the pizza box on the counter.

"No, I ate before I came. Surprisingly my mom was stable enough to cook dinner." Louis sighed.

"Hey, cut her some slack. At least she's not as bad as how my mom was. She went through this country phase. Only listened to Tim McGraw and Brad Paisley. God, she even talked in a southern accent. And I refuse to eat bbq now cause like-"

"Can we go upstairs now?" Louis asked, cutting off Char's endless rambling.

"Such a nice way of telling me to shut up." She laughed.