5.

Louis

Louis was hardly conscious when he felt his body being pulled from the river. His back hit the ground with a loud thud and a small hand began violently shaking him. A voice pleading him to wake up. Louis gasped and desperately breathed in air. He was slowly coming to his senses, when he realized his name was being called and everything he had just witnessed disappeared. He tried greatly to replay the things in his head, but it seemed as if being hauled from the water took away all memories. There was only a voice left behind screaming so loud his head throbbed, his birthday, October 31st.

It took all the strength Louis had to open his eyes and find a crying Charlavoy looking down at him. Relief washed over her face bringing back some of the color to her cheeks. Char was beside Louis the instant Liam dropped him on the grass, she'd heard the familiar screaming and fleeted in the direction to protect her best friend from any sign of danger. It was a hard sight to see Louis floating, no movement. Liam was first to react, jumping and grabbing Louis from his watery grave.

"What the fuck Louis, oh my gosh. You could have died." She cried pulling him up into a hug. "What the hell happened?"

Louis' breath was labored and heavy as he tried to speak. All the limbs in his body numb and frigid "I- my-...I fell in a-a-and drowned." He cried out stuttering.

"If any of you pushed him, I swear I'll fucking kill you." She threatened the group around them.

They all quickly turned into a choir of, "it wasn't me" and "I was over near the..."

"He doesn't look so good," Calum, one of Liam's friends called said. "I think we should get him home before he catches hypothermia of some shit." He suggest with a shrug of his shoulders.

Char sighs looking up at Liam, "I knew this was a bad idea, I'm so stupid." She groaned in frustration.

"M-mmm-m f-f-f-fine, j-j-just wanna g-o-o home." Louis shivered, lips quivering.

"Yeah, Liam get the car? I'll stay here with Louis, don't wanna risk anything and he's too cold to move." Char said and held Louis closer to her.

Liam went and got the car everyone pilling in, people in the back had to lap up cause Char instead Louis lay down and with the heat on high and Liam's huge Metal Tooth hoodie over him.

____________________

Tomorrow, tomorrow was Louis' 16th birthday, he felt a surge of freedom pass through him. He would finally be able to drive and his mom promised to up his curfew to 12 on weekends. After last nights events, Liam dropped Louis off at his house. Thankfully his parents were asleep, so he didn't have worry about the questions of why was he wet? How did he get home? and who was in the car?

Louis showered in hot water. Normally he liked to keep the water warm, but the much needed heat felt good on his skin.  Washing the muck and dirt of the river down the drain. When he got out he dressed in his pajamas and laid in bed staring at the wall. His mind stayed stuck on the fact that he could have died today, at fifteen he would have lost his life. That scared him more then being back in the river screaming for air. Louis drifted off to sleep dreaming about darkness, he was too tried to dream.

In the morning, his parents were surprised to find their son in his bed when he was supposed to be at Char's. Mark went to wake him, but Johanna insisted on letting him sleep and Louis slept half the day away. He woke up a little after three pm and downstairs in the living room was only his mother. She had a bible in her hand, looking to the ceiling, crying. Louis went over and sat beside her.