✧.*

"What should I do, Yuuichi?"

"At this rate, I'll drag everyone down where I am supposed to be..."

"Yuuichi, tell me what to do..."

"I can't think on my own..."

"Help me, Yuuichi."

Her head was low with shame. Slumped on the wooden floor, tears ran down her cheeks. She couldn't stop them. She was weak. She was a rabbit stuck in the trap for a boar.

In the cold, dark warehouse, she and a particular being were collecting some specific supplies when a conversation stumbled upon a specific topic. No, the other wasn't trying to hurt her, rather, quite worried for her.

The figure she deemed to be so comforting crouched down beside her and placed a cold, bony hand on her head. After a moment of silence, Yuuichi finally spoke.

"Don't cry, Y/N", he crouched closer. "I know this game is hard on you. And considering your situation, it's normal that everyone makes mistakes."

His warm breath fell on her ear. His scent, was comforting, his voice, relaxing. He was a human anti-depressant for Y/N, who always had frequent fits of terror.

"This is the endgame." He continued. "And it will end sooner than what you'd expect."

Y/N lifted her head and looked into the dark blue eyes of the boy.

"Yuuichi, I want to help you, I want all of us to complete the game. I want to partake in every little thing you need to carry out, every little thing you need to do. Please Yuuichi, I have no problem with you using me. I can be your tool and obey you-" Her ramble was suddenly cut off when a cold, pale finger of his crossed her lips. Yuuichi pulled her in for a comforting hug, with her head on his chest.

It was cold and dark. There was no sound from anyone, only the beating of the boy's heart.

"Don't say that Y/N," Yuuichi whispered. "You have come far above the league for me to use as a tool. You are not something to use and just throw away."

Y/N sniffled against his puffer jacket.

"Against the jacket, it might not be as clear, but Y/N", he continued. "I want you to listen carefully. What do you hear?"

Y/N made out a small whimper. "The sound of your heart. It is a melody for me Yuuichi."

"It keeps going, that bastard." Yuuichi pulled her in tighter. "Just because of you. If you weren't with me, it would've silenced itself a long time ago."

Another side of Yuuichi Katagiri with whom she was aware yet unaware for a very long time. The faces of Yuuichi. All of them were un-alike yet belonged to the same person. He stood up for her many times and she adored him with her heart.

Yuuichi caressed her cold face in his pale hands and pulled her in.

Their fingers intertwined.

Their warm breaths fell on each other's faces.

The tips of their noses touched, then their foreheads and their lips.

His kiss, it was so intoxicating that Y/N felt herself drinking Red Wine from Yuuichi's lips. That single thing right there, made Y/N transcend to heaven and places beyond.

She wanted to be his ally. She was alright with everything as long as it was Yuuichi. She believed him, trusted him, and wanted to be with him. Not just with him, but with all of her friends.

"I wish everything goes back to normal..."