✧.*Loyalty Assessment✧.*

The little Y/n came up to her mother, with a little smile on her cute, round face

The little Y/n came up to her mother, with a little smile on her cute, round face. "Mama mama!"

The elder lady stopped her knitting and picked her up to make her sit in her lap. "Yes, sweetheart?"

"You know how I took a leave from school yesterday?" Y/n fiddled with the knitted sweater.

"Hm?"

"I knew from a friend that there's a party on the weekend! I want to go to it! It was announced yesterday..." Y/n whined. "Please let me go, mama!"

Her mother paused before further interrogating her. "From which friend of yours did you hear this?"

Y/n looked into her eyes with innocent eyes of her own. "From Yume-chin."

"Yumehara, isn't it?" Her mother closed her eyes as she went back and forth on the name. "She isn't a well-liked girl... Mostly she's just a troublemaker."

She opened her eyes and turned Y/n's attention towards her with a smile. "If that's so, let's go to your school and ask the teacher herself!"

Y/n tilted her head with a little pout. "You don't believe me mama?"

Her mother chuckled on hearing her response. "I do believe you, my little one." She petted Y/n's head. "But I don't believe others, who may take advantage of my sweet and innocent little girl."

The next day, both went to Y/n's school, met the teacher and asked her about the particular party that was about to be hosted on the following weekend.

"No madam, there is no party being hosted until the kids' finals are over." The teacher replied and turned to Y/n. "Where did you hear this from, Y/n-chan?"

Y/n fiddled around a bit, and finally spoke. "From Yume-chin. She told me that when I came back after my one leave yesterday."

"Is that so..." The teacher smiled and addressed her mother. "That was very thoughtful of you to check up on us yourself. We'll make sure to stay in direct contact with you from now on, madam."

"That would be very nice of you." She and Y/n got up. "Y/n would be in your care. Please take charge of her!"

The teacher also stood up to escort them out. "I'll make sure of this! Y/n is a little girl with a big potential to be better!"

On the walk back home, as Y/n's hand was held by her mother, she addressed the little girl. "Y/n sweetheart, I'm not saying that you must have trust issues, but I'm asking you to double-check everything, and get your information from the source itself."

Y/n looked at her mother silently with admiration in her eyes. 

"No matter how close the person is to you, or how much you trust them, the information and details could easily be misunderstood and that could lead you to difficulty. It's better to be safe than sorry, isn't it?"

"Yes mama!" The little Y/n grinned.

~

Y/n opened her eyes on hearing the chirpping of birds. She was a light-sleeper and couldn't sleep more than four hours daily. She opened her eyes to the dusky purple skies. It was dawn. Y/n looked around and saw that the fire was put out, and on the other side of the fire, Kaido lay, sleeping with little grunts.

"Where is Yuuichi...?" she sat up and ran her gaze around in search of a particular black-haired boy. She spotted him some distance away, sitting next to a tree with his back shored up against it. Y/n mustered up her courage and went closer to him. 

His eyes were closed, and he seemed to be dozing off. Poor boy, he looked so tired. Dark circles were more evident under his eyes and his mouth was slightly downturned, with his lips minutely parted. He also looked paler than usual. 

Y/n, on seeing him like this, quietly crept beside and looked at him intently. "I know more than enough how much you are doing to get us back together, Yuuichi." She reached a hand towards him. "I know, that's why I want to reduce the burden you have carried for so long. I'll never abandon you, Yuuichi."

Her hand caressed Yuuichi. He, in his subconscious snuggled against her hand before slowly opening his eyes and returning back to his senses. Y/n quickly pulled her hand away, as Yuuichi's expressions hardened on seeing her so close to her.

"Trying to kill me?" He snapped with an attached scoff. "Try it. See if I don't kill you first."

Y/n stood up in front of him with greater determination. "Kill me if you don't mind. But I won't die before you give me every necessary piece of information."

Yuuichi jerked his head to the side. "I have told Kaido about everything. You could've asked him. I was so audacious, wasn't I? Don't you feel any hatered towards me?"

Y/n crouched down and placed a hand on his head. "I could've, but something told me that it would be better if I got in contact with you directly, without involving anyone else." She smiled. "And no, I would never feel any hate towards you. You may be malevolent, a tyrant, but you still are the mastermind behind every plan which guarantees absolute victory. So, I as an accomplice, it's my foremost duty to obey you and never dessert you."

"More than that. you're my friend, and it isn't my policy to leave a friend behind."

 After a moment or two from Yuuichi, Y/n was taken aback when he moved towards her and ended up wrapping his arms around her frame, his hands lightly stroking her hair. 

"I'm sorry for everything I have said or done up to now." he nuzzled against her traps. "I didn't mean any of it."

"It's fine, Yuuichi-"

Kaido, awakened by their voices, walked toward the duo. "We really lost here, haven't we, Katagiri-kun?"

Yuuichi looked towards him and chuckled. "We have, Kaido-san." He petted Y/n's head. "Nothing can stand in the way of such a determined girl like Y/n."

Y/n looked at Yuuichi with a sly face. "I'll need you to tell me whatever you two are talking about now."

Yuuichi chortled, holding his head. "Alright, little miss curious."

ᴡ̶ʜ̶ʏ̶ ̶ɪ̶ꜱ̶ ̶ʜ̶ᴇ̶ ̶ꜱ̶ᴏ̶ ̶ᴄ̶ᴜ̶ᴛ̶ᴇ̶