✧.*Fish out the Prisoners!✧.*

And thus, the hostage exchange game began

And thus, the hostage exchange game began. Hearing the rules, Y/n had no idea what was the strategy behind the game. She did not even understand the principles behind it. Shinji had certainly proposed something hard to play on purpose.

Y/n observing her surroundings, as usual, analyzed others' reactions. Yuuichi was serious, almost as if he had a poker face. Shiho, who was proposed to play the game, was looking nervous and well anxious.

"I have no idea how this game is played, or how it will end." Y/n pondered. "It would be better if I don't participate and mess up."

She looked over at the hostages. Everyone was badly beaten except Shibe. It was the thought process around the others that because he didn't resist much, he wasn't beaten much. 

But still, it wouldn't make sense to leave your enemy unscathed if they aren't capable of putting up a fight.

Shinji... Yuuichi's non-blood-related brother.

And probably knew everything about Yuuichi's past.

Surely there was more than those three people in his past.

Was it possible that Shinji met Shibe somewhere and revealed that information to him and made him have a bitter heart against his best friend?

But why would Shibe be related to Yuuichi, especially in the past?

"No, it's still too early." Y/n shook her head. "I'm probably imagining things."

But the gears in her head were turning faster than ever.

Using the process of elimination on all the players, there was only Shibe who didn't fit in any category. He did not have any solid proof of his loyalty.

Shiho was believing him not to be the traitor based on the faces she saw of him in the past.

But people always change, don't they?

Let it be over the years or within minutes.

The deeper Y/n thought, the more she found herself sinking into a swamp of confusion.

Her head was telling her it was Shibe who was the other traitor, but her heart and the good memories with him told her the opposite. She was being guarded by two guardian angels, and both of them were telling her the complete opposite. She felt herself tearing painfully into two.

"What do I do?!" she grabbed her head, lightly tugging on her hair. "Why can't I think clearly?"

And thus, with all the confusion buried in Y/n's mind, this game began.

Wait. Shinji was a manipulator, just like Yuuichi. He wasn't afraid to lie or conceal information. Could it be possible that he deliberately gave her false rules, just for her to act on those rules, and then change the rules midway to crash every strategy that she has?