4 - Jooheon

You called Jooheon for the fourth time that day and for the fourth time that day Jooheon didnt pick up the phone.

"Pause," said Hyungwon. "Who said that you can read next?"

"Me," Jooheon defended himself. "I said that I could read next so I did."

At that point, you knew that your dinner plans are bound to be cancelled or yet forgotten. It's November and its comeback season meaning all the idols are bound to be holed up in their companies trying to push out one last hour of rehearsal or writing session before music releases and promotions. This also means that Jooheon practically lives inside his studio writing music, producing his next big hit, or practicing his award-winning aegyo – cause let's face it, the other members could not pull of a proper aegyo to save anyone's life; the only other one who could do it has left the team.

Jooheon paused his reading, biting his lip. He peaked through the top of his paper and tried to look at Wonho and then the rest of the team trying to get a reaction of what has just been read.

He tried to play it cool by wiping the pooling sweat on his hands on his pants. And then squished his nose.

No one reacted. He can't sense the feeling of the people in the room.

From the couch, Shownu looked up from picking the callous on his hands, caught Jooheon's line of sight, and gave him the most reassuring smile.

Jooheon licked his lips and smiled back.

Shownu nodded and Jooheon continued.

You went out of your workplace and went to your favorite spot: that dumpling spot by the corner of his company – it was your favorite because it was the only one that could cook pork dumplings just right, well according to you and Jooheon. You have eaten there so many times that you both have gotten invited to the owner's home and you were taught how to cook the same dumplings. You both attempted to cook it but you preferred how that ahjumma cooked it. It was more fulfilling.

As you stepped on the sidewalk in front of the restaurant, you already see the owner running out of the store to greet you. Her grandchildren - who was always there with her - leaned on the store front windows and also gave you a wave.

The friendly old lady opened the door and invited you in. She hugged you then squished your cheeks. She looked behind you then asked where your boyfriend was. You pursed your lips into a forced smile and told her that he cant come today but you will need to deliver the dumplings to him so that you can eat together.

She made you sit at the corner table and her grandchildren soon joined you.

"Eonni", the young girl sat right in front of you closely followed by her brother that wiggled into the seat that was a bit too high for the both of them. "Is Jooheon-samchon really a singer? I think I saw him on tv last night."

You grabbed a few glasses over the counter and a bottle of water pouring each kid a cup as if you three were in a bar. "Yes, he is. And today, he is working that's why he is not with me". You smiled as you gave each kid a glass. Both of them held tightly to the cup and drank the water as if it was the strongest liquor.

You bowed your head and smiled looking at these two cuties acting like grown people. "Why do you drink like that? Who taught you how to drink like that?" you asked them.

"Uncle Jooheon comes by sometimes," the girl reached over the water bottle. "Sometimes he comes with his friends, sometimes he comes alone". She poured water into her cup and her brother. "If he comes alone, we are his drinking buddies while grandma gives us unlimited dumplings."