6 - Wonho

"Wonho!"

"Wonho!"

"Wonho!"

The voices in the crowd echoed as they cheered on his name for fifteen more minutes after he took his final bow. It was exhilaratingly deafening: all those people that begged him to come on to stage one more time, just for another song. One last song.

It was the last leg of the tour; this was the last stop. It was the last stop before the foreseeable future and formidable indefinite hiatus. The crowd was begging for another second for THE WONHO. Always willing to take care of the fans, he went out one last time, sang three more songs: one from his all-time hits, one from his former boy group, and the final one upon their request.

He took another final bow and officially exited the stage. He tore through 3 t-shirts whose pieces were distributed through the crowd. The fascination with his broken t-shirts remains a mystery to him. He still does it nonetheless cause he sees how this entertains everyone – even his mother to some extent.

For the encore, he didn't remove his shirt, but he did sweat right through it. The 15 extra minutes that he stood there caused him to already sweat through it.

Backstage, he gladly removed everything sweaty on him and opted to stand close to the fan and wipe everything dry before putting on a sweatshirt and some baggy jeans before greeting the adoring fans waiting for his exit.

After high-fiving at least 500 hands, he safely got to his car. He pulled the hoodie tight over his face as they drove off from the venue.

His house looks so much smaller and quieter than the arena ... and a dozen times more lonely. Usually, there would be an after party after the concert. He and his crew do this during the first leg of the tour when they aren't exhausted yet, but at this point everyone is just begging to go home to their families and loved ones.

Wonho looked at his phone to check for any messages.

There were at least 1.5k notifications for posts that he was tagged in, mostly from the fans but some were from the dancers and the crew. Ever since he left his group, the dancers were like his group. They all did everything together... to some extent anyway.

He scrolled through his phone. Nothing was really catching his eye.

He checked the entertainment news: nothing was really going on.

He checked the daily news: it was getting depressing. A few more natural calamities. Country leaders are getting more and more corrupt. Technology is advancing and that makes everyone question: is it for everyone's good or not? There are new cars on the market that no one is buying.

Nothing new.

He turned off his phone only for him to open it a few seconds later.

He scrolled through his apps until he got to the messages and went through the favourites section. He went to the first one and started typing.

"You up?"

He was expecting something and also expecting nothing to happen. It was 3 am after all. Most people are asleep at this time, he really doesn't expect people to be awake at this hour.

He kept turning his phone on and off and turning restlessly on his bed at the same time. He was hoping for something to happen at this hour.

He is now checking at increments: first every minute, then every 5, then 10. When 3:45 am hit, he gave up and finally slept.