🥀Chapter 1🥀: A misplaced pup.

The gentle breeze blew by, carrying the flowers of little weight with it. Also carrying with it, the laughter of the young adults and the barking of the Pups that were playing with the young adults who has just returned from one of their daily classes. Orientation of being human and the changes they should expect in their body. It was a little town with over two hundred people living in it, both young and old people, a town in the middle of a very dense forest. It was a strange way of isolating themselves but ever since their type interacted with pure humans out there which resulted in the almost extinction of their kind, the then leader had to bring them to the town to be safe. That's why they named the place after the leader back then, Orla, who was also a chief priest. And that is why the chief priest is the leader of the town till that defining moment.

They had the strength of a Lion and the speed of a cheetah but when it came to guns, they were still no match for that cold metal, and it seemed that that cold metal was owned by humans in abundance, so keeping away was the best for their kind.

The beautiful town of Orla had many bamboo houses, some adorned with flowers while some were adorned with rocks but the house of the chief priest was the biggest bamboo house in the whole town. During Winter, the Alpha of each pack of wolves, which happened to be the father of the wolves of each pack, led their family down into the caves where they spent winter. The chief priest, however, will stay in town during that winter period to listen to what their divine tree had to tell them for the coming year, leaving the leadership in the hands of the Alphas of each pack. The Divine Tree was a big tree which had been there for as long as the Pheadras could remember. It was the very tree that served as an entrance into the village. It was the only way in and the only way out. It doesn't wilt and it doesn't go away. The leaves remain evergreen all year round. And so the Pheadras value this tree, believing the tree to direct them and bless them all year round.

For Autumn, the town goes hunting for food for the winter. The males go hunting and bring back raw meat for the females back home who, pack some into a clay pot and feed the rest to their family so they can prepare for winter. For unlike other wolves, because of their human nature, they don't do so well in the cold.

It's been peaceful for years now. Each pack has been doing well with each other. They support each other and collectively raise the young ones. No internal strife whatsoever, each Alpha respect the other. The only place they are dominant is their territory which happens to be their very own family.

While her husband stood at the entrance of the den, watching as the pups in the town played with the elder ones who were already humans. His little pup was in his hands and as he gently rubbed it's fur, he couldn't help but wonder what his last two pups will look like when they finally come of age.

He felt soft fur rubbing on his leg, calling his attention to his ankle, only for him to meet his second cub, seeking attention. He carried the second pup, putting the second pup on his laps with the first one before looking out the window again.

The mother of the pups walked to her husband's side with raw red meat in her hand, the raw flesh of a deer which she had been given earlier by her son. She threw it on the floor for the young ones to eat and watched as the second one descended on it first before the first one was dropped down by his father.

"Where did you find a deer?" Her husband asked her as soon as he picked the scent of the meat.

"Talkun found it. He found eight deers deep in the forest and brought all eight back with the hunting team. Jaxton was also part of the hunting team, he brought back a whole deer for us to eat". She replied her husband.

"Jaxton is home?" He asked his wife.

"Yes. He's gone to take a bath. He'd soon be here" She replied her husband before getting on all fours to turn to her wolf self. Her indigo fur shone brightly just like the fur of the first cub. She wanted to breastfeed her pups which she couldn't do with her human breasts, using her paw, to drag the meat to her side to get their attention. As soon as the first pup saw his mother, he left the meat for breast milk.