🥀Chapter 17🥀: A new environment.

Young girls dressed in white shirt and black fitted skirts kept going in and coming out of the kitchen like ants on a sunny day. She was curious as to where or what they were doing that made them so orderly. Armed men were also at every corner, walking around like army on a patrol. Even her home back in Cuba wasn't like this.

Jara noticed that the hand that connected her and Jumal togetherwas shaking, He seemed to be nervous.

She gently squeezed it, "Are you nervous?" She asked him, calling his attention. His purple hair fell in between his eyebrows, and his purple eyes was filled with worry, he nodded, biting his lips in the process.

"I am too. But one thing I know, Jummy...Everything will be alright" She encouraged him, squeezing his hand more gently before rubbing her thumb on the back of his hand, comforting him.

Finally, they came upon the garden's grand entrance which looked more like an orchard, and right in the middle of the orchard, people were gathered, having breakfast, the maids which Jara and Jumal saw earlier, finally had a meeting point, each maid stood at the back of each person seated.

  It was more like the people were having a feast but such a thing looked normal for Jara because her family also practiced such custom.

For a reason, the place seemed familiar to Jara but a little colder. And she didn't understand why she felt cold about the place.

"Let's just not forget the reason why we came here, Jara. And immediately we make our money, let's just leave. This place heavily reeks with blood" Jumal whispered to Jara, his face filled with worry.

Finally, their Israelite journey came to an end. The walk seemed to have taken forever.

"Buongiorno capo.  Vittori mi ha chiesto di portarteli (Good morning, Boss. Vittori asked me to bring them to you)" The guy who led them to the man, said.

"Che c'è ancora, questa mattina presto?...Non posso mangiare in pace? (What is it again, this early morning?...Can't I eat in peace?)" The man complained, in a grumpy voice.

The guy stood in between Jara and Jumal and the man he was talking to, so Jara couldn't see the person that was talking. But from his voice alone she knew that he was the one smoking tobacco.

  While her eyes roamed round the place, she looked at each person on the table, three teenagers on the table, a  good-looking guy, a wayward looking teenager and a frail looking teenager. At the head of the table, sat a beautiful woman, who looked calmly at the man who seemed to be at their front, and three other people who she couldn't see their faces because their backs were faced to them.

"Accardi, I don't care about the girl, but the guy must stay" The wayward looking teenager said, her eyes locked on Jumal, who looked back at her, but tried his best to hide his worries.

"Fatti da parte, fammeli vedere (Move aside, let me see them)" They heard the man say and the guy who led them there suddenly moved aside and Jara's eyes became locked with one of the ferocious set of eyes she has ever met.

Compared to her strict father who she knew to have a side of a merciless mafia man, her father's eyes don't even come close to how ferocious they're looking.

"Who are you?" The man called Accardi asked them, his head turned to look at them.

This is where she wished Vittori had introduced them herself.

"Go easy on them, Accardi. Don't let the poor boy pass out from fear" The calm woman she had noticed earlier, replied.

"The girl's cute" The teenage boy said, and got a glare from the wayward looking sister.