🥀Chapter 12🥀: In the blinking of an eye, life refused to remain the same.

Hi guys, a short author's note here. So I discovered that the characters are much and it makes the book seem more like name dumping. So I'll clear the air for you. There are four main characters, probably five. The rest are side characters. They are; Jumal and Jara, Jubril and Soren. Then for those that love Zaya, she'd probably be part. The whole novel is about the five of them, but giving detailed information about them might be a lot so I've decided to do it in two parts. This book will be mainly talking about Jara and Jumal. But if Soren and Jubril were to be mentioned, I'd let you know that it's their POV. As for Jumal's family, it wouldn't be mentioned in this book so as not to confuse anyone further. T for Thanks.

{Jara, Jumal and Zaya}

She sat down at the back of the truck, her hand grabbing unto her bleeding leg as she looked around for the slimmest possible chance of escape. The heavy perspiration of the armed men around her, who she would call 'native fowls' was suffocating and their endless ranting was eating at her ear that she could almost feel it bleed. The fact that she doesn't understand their language made it worse for her.

While her eyes kept scanning everywhere for the slightest possible chance of escape, she caught the eyes of one of the 'native fowls' staring at her. Their eyes locked for fifteen seconds before the man stood up from where he was sitting to meet with Zaya, whose sitting position wasn't comfortable even for those staring at her.

She had a wounded leg, her hands tied to the back and she was placed like a fish hanged out to dry, her tied hands trying to prevent her leg from loosing too much blood. As he walked towards her, she shifted backwards, grunting and growling angrily, shifting herself away from him, ignoring the heavy pain shooting up her leg just to get away from him.

"Non ti faro del male! (I won't hurt you!)" He whispered to her but she didn't understand his language and continued to struggle away from him.

When he realized, she didn't feel safe around him, he backed away, and sat two meters away from her.

He had seen what happened earlier and how she was caught. Her friends probably were to scared to even hear the sound of the gunshot that brought down their friend to her knees and got her captured like an animal.

In his opinion, she was too beautiful to be captured. He already knew the fate she was headed for and left for him, he'd rather her just die than meet that kind of fate.

The sun was kissing the sky goodbye, the sky as orange as ever, with fleeting clouds everywhere. He looked at the beautiful damsel trapped like an animal and shook his head.

That was one thing Zaya hated. A pathetic look thrown at her like her life was piece of shit. She could literally feel her blood boil.

He squatted in front of her and reached out to her hands to untie it for her. But in annoyance, she head bumped his rock hard belly as hard as she could.

He ended up falling on his butt, attracting the attention of others while she ended up with an instant migraine. Her situation definitely wasn't getting better.

"Cosa sta succendendo? (What's going on?)" One of the men asked.

"Niente. Sono inciampato (Nothing. I tripped)" He lied.

"Be careful around that girl. Boss has plans for her" Another one of the men said, his Italian accent still seeping through. 

That was enough to drive her into frenzy but she knew she had to be calm. So she could meticulously plan her way out of the seemingly black hole that was just about to suck her away.