🥀Chapter 7🥀:The engagement ceremony.

This chapter may contain some disturbing scenes. Please, skip if it would disturb you. Thanks 💙.

  "Where the blazes have you been, Jara?" Zaya asked Jara as soon as she walked in the mansion gates with Jumal.

  Ribbons everywhere, drape like decorations and different type of expensive cars designed the compound of the Gray mansion. 

"Sorry for coming late. What about Mikal? Did he come?" Jara asked her friend, her eyes scanning round the compound for a glimpse of her crush but then Zaya set her eyes on Jumal.

"Why on Earth are you looking for that  when you have this ?" Zaya said in her most slutty voice with a finger in between her teeth as she winked at clueless Jumal.

"Don't even get me started on him"  Jara sighed before walking into the mansion, Jumal following her closely for he knew that without her, he could actually get lost. Zaya didn't mind that though, for the force of looks attracted her stronger than any magnet.

"So... what's your name?" She asked him as they made their way inside. Jumal didn't answer her. He remembered the warning Jara gave him that morning and he didn't want to disobey her or she might get angry.

Zaya was surprised at his silence. No guy has ever snubbed her before except if he didn't mean it "Doesn't he talk?" Zaya asked Jara.

"Don't even get me started on that one. He doesn't talk except he feels like. Jumal is his name, by the way" Jara responded on his behalf.

"Jara" a masculine voice called out to her, which made her pause in her steps at the very entrance of the Gray mansion, Jumal stopped with her too. She turned around to see who it was.

"Mikal" she called with so much excitement, her cheeks were almost stretching wider than they originally should from too much smiling. She waited for him to walk up to her which he did, holding her hands as soon as he got close enough to her.

"I'm so happy to see you, Jara" He said to her, a huge smile on his own face. Jara was actually surprised that he held her hands first. Her attention focused on their interwine hands.

Thinking she was uncomfortable with the way he was holding her hands, he dropped it, saying "I'm sorry. I was just very excited to see you"

"Oh no, it's okay. We can hold hands" She told him, taking his hands and squeezing them lovingly, before smiling at him.

She was mentally screaming inside. Today wasn't bad, after all.  She thought to herself as she tried so hard not to scream in excitement and not to smile like a mad person but it was so hard to be normal when her crush of six months was finally holding her hands.

"My father didn't want me to come here today but I knew I had to see you. I-"

"I'm sorry, Mikal. For standing you up that day" Jara didn't wait for him to stop talking before she began her apology which she had practised while Jumal was still a pup in her care.

"Huh?" He was confused. He didn't understand the reason behind her sudden apology.

"I asked Zaya to help me invite you over to a walk in the park but I couldn't make it. I saw an injured animal and while I tried to save it my mother locked the gates. I shouldn't have-"

"I also couldn't make it. I tried texting you but you didn't reply, so I was really worried. I called this morning too but your phone's switched off" He told her which made her glare at Jumal standing behind her.

"All thanks to someone over here" She muttered before looking back at Mikal.

"Something unexpected happened this morning and it affected my phone" Jara told him. It was going to be embarrassing for him if she told him that her phone was flushed and more embarrassing to go into details.