🥀Chapter 9🥀: The accusation.

The sun hadn't resumed it's post yet when Soren was up, calculating the situations at hand. He was  sitting on the reading chair, looking at the picture his uncle used to blackmail him.

   He sighed deeply, slapping the picture unto the table, his hands roughly going through his hair and his face carved out with worry.

  He knew that if he did what he had agreed to do, he could be punished by the Ascons and the Grays, but if he didn't, his father could be set up by his uncle. If there was anything he never wanted at all, it's for his father to be pulled into a mess he was supposed to face alone.

What do I do? How do I go about this without harming my father and those that are close to me?  He thought clapping his nose into his hands like he was in a deep thought.

Just then, there came a single knock on the door before his uncle's face popped in. Soren made a straight face as soon as he saw his uncle, he didn't want his uncle to have the satisfaction of him worrying.

"So, my dear nephew, have you thought about it? Because the ship needs to be sent very early tomorrow morning" His uncle Saul said to him, sitting on the reading table while looking at Soren's face.

  Soren kept silent, still wearing his straight face like one would wear socks and looking lost.

"If I agree to this, what's in it for me?" Soren asked out of the blue, catching his uncle by surprise.

  If he was going down, he might as well fulfill a wish of his before that.

His uncle chuckled faintly before replying "The safety of the family?" 

"My father must not be dragged into this. That's the only condition that can make me agree to this deal" Soren made his demands known.

"The Fu brothers corpses are not dry in the grave yet" His uncle tried to threaten him but Soren wasn't having any of that.

"I'm not doing this for the Fu brothers. They deserved death for all I care and you can not prove I was the one that killed them with these. Grandpa could easily think you set me up. I'm doing this for my father. I want you to stop hararrasing my father and leave us alone. Only then, will I listen to whatever you have to say" Soren told him.

His uncle continually tapped his finger on the table, his mind going back and forth on Soren's condition. He finally decided to agree. If he was going to make him do what he wanted him to do, he might as well, agree to this.

"Fine. I promise not to drag your father into this" His uncle replied after a short while of considering it.

"I'll bank on your words, uncle. If I discover that this is a deception, even if I have to die a million times, I'll crawl out and get you" Soren warned with a smile before collecting the documents his uncle had brought for him.

"Don't worry. A gentleman's promise is worth more than gold and diamonds" He replied.

"It would be ready, latest by today. Before 6:00 am tomorrow morning, the ship would be on its way to Italy" Soren assured his uncle.

"I've always knew I could trust you" Soren's uncle said, rising to his feet. He was about to turn towards the door when he saw Jubril lying on the couch. He wanted to comment about him but he decided against it and just walked out of Soren's room, hoping Soren would keep to his words and take the fall for him.

  Soren sighed deeply as soon as his uncle was out. He knew his father had clearly warned him against doing what he was planning to do but he knew that his father wouldn't be safe if he doesn't do it and his uncle wouldn't stop plotting against his father, so he was left with no choice.