Chapter 2: First Friend

After a few minutes of walking, I was nearly close to that massive source of energy.

The closer I got, the more oppressive the presence got.

The air seems to tremble as the magicule density was so high.

Almost there...

I somehow feel that what I will encounter can be both good and bad. Like Pandora's Box, which, in basic terms, means: unchecked curiosity and disobedience can be dangerous, but hope remains.

.....

....

...

Can you hear me, little one? 

"..." Yikes. I heard a voice. It wasn't a voice, exactly, but something I could recognize more directly and instinctually in my mind. Telepathy, as such.

Who're you? 

I questioned in a not-rude yet not-polite tone, just casual. Although calling me little is enough reason for me to also reply in the same manner, I had a feeling that this is dangerous, and I ain't planning on dying anytime soon so best treat this encounter with utmost care.

...Oh-ho! You're not shaken? Rather a lot of nerve packed into such a little body, no? Anyways, can you come here? I bet you can sense this massive cluster of energy, so just follow it.

I was planning to anyways... I replied.

He said little body but I guess he can only sense little magicules from me.

Magic Sense is really handy, although I doubt most people can use it to its fullest potential.

Magic Sense, despite its simple name, is quite a troublesome ability.

It fills the brain with massive information, something my human brain never could've processed—the waves of light and sound pushing every single tiny particle around—processing it all, converting it into perceptible data. It could easily fry a normal human's brain circuits. I'm not made of physical matter and have no organs so I'm fine even with it.

Earlier, when I checked my own appearance, there was this ominous blue-red-mix-like fog surrounding me.

The closest thing that came to mind was "Aura," and, according to the Sage, was correct. It was present among all living things and can be a defining factor in an individual's strength, but not always. 

I thought it could be troublesome to walk around with that massive, oppressive aura surrounding me, so I absorbed all of it with Predator and put it all into my "Stomach."

.....

....

...

"Dafuq?"

I unconsciously muttered as I finally arrived. 

What greeted me was an unbelievable sight.

A creature so massive, it's easily over a hundred meters tall. Bigger than the colossal titan from AOT!

It was a dragon. He was covered in scales that shone a dark shade of black, tougher looking than steel itself but supply and flexible. He looked positively demonic, towering far higher than my previous views of dragons.

The body, startlingly similar to a Western-style dragon's, shone like obsidian. There were six fingers on each "hand," equipped with claws that looked ready to tear through whatever they found. The two pairs of wings on his back—one larger than the other—came to a point at their respective ends, like swords honed to perfection and ready to dice.