Chapter 5: Goblin Village

The cave, it turned out, was in a forest. The exit was just a hole at the foot of a mountain-more of a small hill, really, which stood out against the vast trees that surrounded it. In fact, thanks to the dense foliage, this hill was the only point you could see the sun from. Take a step into the forest, and all appeared to be dim darkness again.

I sidled off.

A fair amount of time had passed since I left the cave. The sun was starting to set, which indicated that I must have reached the cave exit right around midday. I had a surprisingly accurate internal clock, and it would've been nice if it could've aligned itself with a standardized sense of time.

And the moment I thought about it, it happened. Sheesh. Is it this easy to do stuff like that? This Sage is one heck of a personal assistant to have around, kinda reminds me of Jarvis.

I was walking while singing songs I remember from my past life. To spend time, and enjoy nature. But the song I was singing is one that, in so many ways, doesn't fit a walk in the woods, at all.

(WARNING: Extremely Inappropriate Language Ahead!)

I need her-

when she on me I don't feel so lonely

Don't leave me horny~

ride me like a pony~

Her sweat, her moaning

she's just such a fucking whore I love it

I just fuck her on her side~

And she bitch for me on life

For her pussy I would die

Every second we on fire

(I'M SORRY I JUST HAD TO DO THIS😭💀! If you want to listen to the song itself, just search "Such a Whore".)

Quite a song I'm just openly singing in the woods, alone, when I have the appearance of a beautiful young maiden. Have I no shame? If anyone saw me and heard me, they'd probably think I was crazy or somethin', having a screw loose in the brain. Well, I have no brain, but I look no different from a human.

At some point, I encountered wolf-like beings so, not wanting to deal with them, just unleashed my aura to a certain degree. This should be enough to keep monsters and people away. And boi, they looked like pups about to be murdered. I almost felt bad for laughing so hard, they let out a cute wail too, a massive contrast to their otherwise "intimidating" figure.

"Yipe!" With pathetic yelps, they scampered away. We're talking multiple enormous canines, each easily two meters or so in length, and the sight of a fragile beauty freaked them out. Pathetic.

Anyway, it was now past four in the afternoon. About time to prep for dinner, but sadly, I no longer had to eat. But! I can still taste.

So, in order to taste my first food after months, I butchered some animals, mainly bunnies and others I'm familiar with. I gathered plants that can be used as seasoning, created my own salt via my skills, and camped near a river.

I'm a good cook, and I'm confident in my culinary skills. I trained by myself, when Yuka and Kaede would arrive late from school and work, they were usually too tired. Me, being indebted way too much, decided to at least cook their food from then on.

"Okay... now..." I took a bite of the food I made, and boi, it was delicious. Survival in the wild! And I managed to make quality food all by myself!

I did it, Great Sage!