Friends

Sayuri's pov-

It was my day off from the hospital and I was doing my rounds for any sign of people who needed medical assistance along the way, I met many people who greeted me. After scouting the whole village when I found no one in need I heaved a relieved sigh. As I moved towards the market area I saw people talking to each other cheerfully.

'At last, my work paid off.'

Now, most of the people in the village were healthy and their living conditions were good as of now. They all were living rather cheerfully without any worries and seeing that made me immensely happy.

'I would do anything to help people and see smiles on their faces.'

I came out of my thoughts when I felt myself being hugged by two small children the same age as Naru. I smiled and rubbed their hair.

" Sayu one-same when are you going to play with us it's been so long~." The little girl asked.

"Yes, she is right Sayu one-sama." The boy asked.

"*giggle* Fine I will play with but not now. How about you guys come to my home? After some time we are going to have a big party for my new family members. Then you can make new friends as well."

"Really? really? We can come? Yeay!! Thank you, One-sama. We will surely come." Both replied and went to tell their mom about it.

I bought some toiletries and weights for myself from the market as the old ones were getting rugged and felt normal when I wore them.

After I purchased everything I hurriedly went straight toward home as I remembered that I had to go to the Yamanaka household to join them for that tea party.

At home-

"Oka-Sayu. You are home early today." Naruto asked me while giving me my re-energizing hug for the day.

'He is still hesitant to call me oka- san.'

It all began when I started to come back home late and Naru asked me to tell him how to get my energy back. So I jokingly said a tight hug will do but I didn't know he would take it seriously every time I will come home late Naru will wake up from his sleep and give me a hug resulting in me carrying him to bed and joining him shortly but this was also not bad on the other hand it felt like home even though my pack was always with me I always had a void in my heart and Naruto has filled that void. It healed me from the inside and out. Since that one time when he accidentally called me Oka-san, he has not called me that again. But soon when I will officially become his guardian this week I am sure he would be happy and call me using that title once again.

"Yeah Naru, I am home." I said while rubbing his head. But suddenly I looked at the clock and I freaked out.

"Oh dear, Naru honey look at the time. I forgot to tell you that we have to go somewhere."

"Where are we going Sayu?" He asked while I hurriedly ran with him in my arm towards the bathroom.

"We are going to meet one of my acquaintances for a tea party and she is going to introduce me and you are coming with me to make new friends as their children are coming as well. " I said while quickly removing his clothes and started lathering his hair and body with soap.

"R-really!! That's cool. I want to meet them too. How are they? Do you know them personally Sayu? Do-" but in between his questions he suddenly stopped talking and when I sensed his mood I knew he is scared and uncertain about meeting them as he has been surrounded by negative feelings his whole life till now.