Bodyguard.

Sayuri's pov-

As usual, I woke up in the morning and was immediately greeted by Naru's sleepy face on my chest.

After the tea party night when Naruto slept with me, I always found him coming to my room at midnight so I told him to sleep with me until he thinks that he is comfortable and slowly but surely he is becoming more and more like a normal child. He is opening up to me more and he also whines in my presence and freely express his needs to me. He is voicing his thoughts more and more which is a good thing. Comparing the current Naru with the canon one I am grateful to be here with him and become a part of his life. The other factor that has helped Naru is his friends. With Shin and Sai as new addition to their team. They have become friends earlier than they are supposed to be and they have become close-knitted. They protect and care for him deeply and I think we have also got our first couple quite early than it was supposed to be due to my intervention. I still remember when Ino met Sai for the first time she was blushing furiously after he said she was beautiful while giving her a flower from the garden now they have become quite close and her craze regarding Sasuke has vanished as if it was never there, to begin with. After that, her behaviour took a u-turn, as if she has become another person.
When the others first noticed it they all went hysteric they ran toward me and told me that she is not Ino and someone has replaced her. They told me to check up on her and that I laughed until I had tears in my eyes to make it funnier Ino became so angry that she lectured every single one of them until Sai intervened and told her to calm down.

They were still uncertain about her sudden change but gradually came to terms with it. Choji has also become more confident in his fighting and does not hesitate anymore and doesn't mind anyone's remarks on his body anymore if they still say something then the whole group will make their life a living hell on earth with Shikamaru and Naruto being the mind and leader of the group.

Moving on Naru and the other kid's adoption papers are ready just my sign is left and then we will officially be declared family.

We have moved to the Senju compound no... Previously known as the Senju compound. We have been living here for 2 weeks now and everyone has loosened up here and when I say everyone I mean my family and the other orphans and elderly people who didn't have any place to go back. Today Naru and the others will be officially joining the Watanabe register.

Some of them have started to see me as their mother figure and some of them see me as their teacher and big sister. Others are shy about this topic and evade it but their behaviour tells otherwise.

Every day they all train with the pack to become stronger and others who don't want to fight but want to contribute are learning medicine art under me.

The elderly people also wanted to help as much as they could so some of them who already have some medical knowledge is also learning medicine under me and the rest take care of daily chores for young children who can't take care of themselves yet. In the morning they teach them how to read and write and by evening they also play with them due to which they have become more lively but what shocked me was their behaviour towards naruto when I first introduced him to them. They all not only accepted him wholeheartedly but also took care of him when I had to leave (of course some of the pack members stayed behind in case we have intruders as well. ) even the kids. They all see him as their role model and elder brother. Some of them have even pledged their loyalty to him only and told him that they will become his supporters and follow in his footsteps. This has also greatly helped Naruto become more cheerful and friendly though he already was a small ball of sunshine. He still has no idea that I am going to be his official guardian except for the pack and some elders. For him, this will be a good surprise.