SPD (Avengers x Teen!R)

**Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD) is a condition that affects how your brain processes sensory information (stimuli). Sensory information includes things you see, hear, smell, taste, or touch. SPD can affect all of your senses, or just one. SPD usually means you're overly sensitive to stimuli that other people are not.

Summary: You keep your SPD to yourself- which is difficult when all of your senses are being attacked 24/7. You're not embarrassed of your disorder, you just don't want to bother others with it. It tortures you everyday, but you're strong and manage to cope. When the team figures out you have it, what do they think?

~~~

Scenario One:

Was it OCD? Or was it just a part of SPD that caused you to do a certain things to avoid a trigger? Could it also be anxiety? I have no fucking clue.

Either way, I do things a certain way. Sometimes I'm aware of it and sometimes I am not.

For example

- I will wear shoes because I don't like the bare carpet
- If I use my right hand to touch an object with a texture that I don't like, I feel like the only thing to relax me is to touch it with my left hand. It'd kinda balance the discomfort? No clue.
- I'm a bookwork that loves to read but I have to keep my nails short because I hate the sound of scraping paper. Turning pages is a nightmare..
- I love cooking as well, but touching butter, canola oil, vegetable oil, or any other greasy liquid is a literal hell for me. Most people shrug it off and just use a quick napkin, but I scrub my hands with soap because I can't stand the texture.
- I hate seeing thing out of the corner of my eye moving. I hate it if I'm reading a book and someone starts swinging their feet (even if it's silent) and I see them out of the corner of my eye.
- I can't wear jeans because I don't like the texture or sound of scraping denim
- I hate tight clothes
- I always wash my hands before cleaning my phone because I hate having to swipe on it to read something, just to have grease coat it
- And probably the last major one, I can't eat jello, pudding, potato salad, and certain types of yogurt. The smooth yet squishy and oozing texture makes me dry heave
- I hate the sound of chewing, especially if it's gum

So yeah, life isn't exactly a fucking walk in the park for me. But I've always been one of those people say "Eh, fuck it. There's always someone out there who has it worse."

I'm in the kitchen with Wanda right now making cookies and Natasha is sitting at the counter, on her phone. Right now we're adding the ingredients in the bowl.

I was gonna ask Wanda if she could cut up a few tablespoons of butter for me, but she was already using the mixer. I can't avoid the problem forever, so I cut it myself.

I added the pieces of butter to the white remixing bowl. I went to go wash my hands but Wanda kept handing me things. Little cups, an egg, etc.

Then I finally snap.

"Wanda- I need to wash my hands!" I say, trying to keep my voice steady.

It comes out sounding more shaky than intended.

"Uh- Yeah. Okay here, I'll take that." Wanda says as I hand her the dry measuring cup.

I quickly use a paper towel and scrub off the left over butter and sugar. Then, I get my hands wet and scrub them with the dish soap.

I have to do it twice because I can still feel the grease lingering after the second time.

I had calmed down a bit after the second wash and I wipe my hands.

I set the rag down with a sigh. When I turn my head, I notice that Nat had been watching me the entire time.

Wanda quickly turned her gaze back over to stirring the ingredients, acting like she hadn't been staring as well.