Soft Soldat (Bucky x YoungR!)

**Reader is a teen & new addition to the Avengers

"Excited for your first mission?" Natasha asks, standing in front of the elevator.

We wait near the elevator, waiting for the rest of the team to show up. I stand on the balls of my feet and look towards the redhead, timidly nodding.

"U-Uhm, a little nervous, I have to admit. But excited." I say, smiling softly.

She nods her head in understanding and then turns around when footsteps are heard. Steve, Sam, Bucky, and Clint are walking side by side.

"Hey, kiddo. You'll do great." Clint says, smiling at me.

I roll my eyes at the nickname and scoff, making Bucky slightly grin at me.

"He's right, you'll do good." Steve says, patting me on the back.

We all enter the elevator and stand as the metal box slowly begins to ascend to the helipad

Clint and Natasha quietly murmur back and forth, Steve and Sam joke about something, leaving Bucky and I to quietly stand in silence.

He and I were pretty close, I'd say. Natasha was like an older sister to me and Clint was like the eccentric uncle.

Bucky and I had a mutual understanding of each other. Words weren't always needed for comfort. We could hang out together and not stay anything. Bucky tended to show his care and love through actions rather than words.

He sees me shiver, even if I didn't notice it? Here's a blanket. Haven't eaten? Here's a poor attempt at homemade mac n' cheese.

I couldn't really name our relationship, but it was certainly unique.

I look up at him and he meets my eyes. He gives a subtle small smile, gently squeezing his flesh hand with mine.

I return the smile and the elevator door opens with a ding, displaying the rooftop.

Well, here goes nothing.

-----

I hold my hands in front of me, prepared to use my elemental powers. I got split up from the group, although they weren't too far away. I think? It's hard to tell.

I jump when quiet footsteps are heard close behind me. With a gasp, I whip around and am immediately struck in the side of the head.

I stumble backwards with a groan, my vision slightly blurring for a moment.

The figure grabs me by the neck with a harsh grip and I swing and kick as hard as I can.

My vision clears and I see a man in a black uniform, a patch on the side of his arm. With just the right amount of sunlight hitting it, I look at the patch. My eyes widen when I realize that it was the Hydra logo.

I fight harder until he finally drops me. I immediately jump up and begin to run but before I can get away, his arm snakes behind my waist, pulling me against him.

I start to cry out as he drags me to a corner of the warehouse, the door visible, but only at a certain angle.

He throws me down and I scuffle up, some dust flying. I realize he has me completely cornered.

"Nat, Bu-" I begin to call out, until the voice stops me.

"Looking for this?" He asks with tilt of his head, holding up his open hand.

I see the crushed piece of technology in his hand and realized that he must've taken out my earpiece.

I feel the color drain from my face and I swallow harshly.