Follow

Warning: Attempted Assault

Summary: The Cloak leads Strange somewhere- or to someone..

Doctor Stephen Strange sits on the stairs of the Sanctum reading a newspaper.
He regularly reads them every Sunday, checking the daily news to see if anything out if the ordinary occured. It's not exactly easy to keep an eye on a city filled thousands of people 24/7.

But even with that reason in mind he still feels super old when he reads a newspaper. Next thing he'll need is a cane and a pair of glasses.

He flipped through the pages, briefly skimming through all of the articles. He was about to figure out the word scramble, when something smacked him on the back.

Stephen immediately drops the paper and jumps up in a defensive position. When he looks around for the source of the collision, he notices the Cloak of Levitation floating where he was previously sat..

"The hell?" He asks, dropping his hands down to his sides.

Now that the cloak had his attention, it immediately flew to the large wooden doors of the Sanctum. It fluttered there, as if it were a dog that needed to be let out.

Stephen lifts a brow, confused with his magically enhanced cape.

The cloak floats there impatiently. Stephen sighs.

"Why can't I catch a break." He mumbles to himself.

He follows obliges the cloak's wishes and opens the door for it. The cloak attaches itself to the sorcerer.

"The hell are you doing?" He asks it.

The cloak slaps his face, pissing off the sorcerer even more. Then, the collar of the cloak begins to tug at a specific direction.

Stephen lets the cloak pull and tug on him as it leads him a block and a half away from the Sanctum. He genuinely feels like the chef from Ratatouille.

The final tug before the cloak stills, directs Stephen down an alleyway. Apparently this was where the cloak wanted him to be.

Stephen holds his hands up, emitting a gentle glow as he pursues the path. From where he's standing he can hear two men speaking in harsh voices, not doing well to keep their conversation quieter.

Then he hears a third voice, a feminine one. By feminine, he wasn't sure if it was a woman or a girl. The voice was higher pitched and frantic sounding. Stephen then hears the faint sounds of crying.

He takes a few steps forwards and whips his head to the right.

One second you had been walking home from the library with your earbuds in, and the next you were being dragged down an alleyway by two men. They took a left and then a right-hand turn until everyone was out of sight.

One of the two men grabbed your shoulders and pinned you to the wall, making you squeak a bit.

"P-Please, I-I have money. Please please just let me go!" You beg, trying not to look into the intimidating men's gaze.

The other man grabs your chin, forcing you to look at him.

"Oh darling, we can't do that.. Either way, we don't want money. We'd like something else.." he says with a sickening grin.

You feel something cold and sharp tracing up and down the side of your thigh.

A knife.

You inhale sharply and bite your lip, trying not to cry. You knew what these men wanted. You squeeze your eyes shut and began to hyperventilate.

"P-Please let me go- I sw-swear I won't tell anyone.. just please no." You plead, your voice cracking.

"You're just too good to resist, sweetheart." The man pinning you against the wall says.

The pet name makes you want to vomit.

You sob as his friend trails his index finger up and down your side, going from the base of your chest to the waistband of your pants.

"S-Stopp." You cry so quietly you barely heard your own voice.

All of a sudden, the two men go flying off of you. You're still in your shocked gaze, not realizing that they weren't in control if you. You squeeze your eyes shut and slide down against the wall into a sitting position. When a man touches your arm, you immediately start with,

"P-Please let me go. Ta-take my money. I don't care, not, not t-this.." you cry.

The hand immediately flies off as if someone had burned them with a hot iron.

"I'm not going to hurt you, neither are they. You're safe now." The masculine voice says.

You hesitantly look up and see a familiar face.

Dr. Strange, one of the multiple protectors of New York.

Your body relaxes a bit at the sight of him.

"Don't worry, the police are on their way. They'll take care of those two." He says, gesturing to the men who were being pinned down by invisible binds.

You could recognize the familiar sorcerer just barely. Tears cloud your vision so the most you can see is a blob of red and blue.

"May I help you up?" He asks in a softer tone.

You hesitate for a moment and then nod.

He reaches his hand down and you gratefully take it. You use the back of your other hand to wipe the tears from you eyes.

The sound of police cars are faintly heard, growing louder by the minute.

"The police will likely bring a crowd of nosy people.. If you wish to get out of here without being the center of attention, I can help with that." He says, looking at you.

What could he mean by that? Could he fly?..

The man watches your face slightly contorts in confusion as the gears turn in your head.

"I can open portals, watch." He says.

With his left hand he holds up two fingers in the air. With the other, he makes circular motions. Then, a ring of golden sparks begin to form. It was the portal. From there you could see a set of large stairs.

"Would you like to come with?" He asks.

You contemplate his offer. He hasn't tried to kill you. Not yet. Also that portal looks suspicious as well.

Eh, fuck it.

You nod your head and he gently clasps his hand in yours, leading you through the portal.