Chapter 1

Y/n swallowed and lifted her hand tentatively, pushing the knife aside so she could lower her head.

"I'm not sure," she narrowed her eyes, heart calming from the scare, "there are some things I'd rather forget right now and you may or may not be one of them."

Y/n pushed herself up and off the ground while inspecting the damage on her bat. An indent where Jeffrey's knife was lodged had been created with splinters of old wood littering the ground when he pulled it out. As she returned her attention to the dangerous male in her room, she spotted him moving around the room, inspecting every little thing.

Jeff whistled in appreciation, "I was right. This place is nicer on the inside," he stepped over to the door that Jerry had just knocked on a few minutes ago, "should I-"

"No." Y/n was quick to move, bat blocking the frame to the door. Jeff's already wide smile grew a bit more as she pushed the wooden object against his chest to force him back, "not now, not ever. Why- how are you even here?!"

Jeff stepped back and stood in the center of the room, his knife now tucked away into the pockets of his dirtied, white hoodie. He gave a long, bored sigh and glanced over to Y/n, his expression hardened.

"Have you seen what's on the internet lately?" He questioned, "every single day they come up with something new about that fucked up show." He began to pace, his voice becoming increasingly louder with each word he spoke. The h/c haired girl looked back to her door in worry that her mother or Jerry would hear the commotion as they had just gone to bed.

"You aren't going to be safe here for much longer," those words struck a chord within her. Y/n's heart began to pound at an alarming rate that she was sure it was going to burst. She worriedly smiled, shaking her head.

"No, no," she chuckled dryly, "that's not a good joke, Jeffrey. Don't say something like that."

Using his full first name like that caused the male to visibly flinch.

"Don't-"

"I just got out of that hell hole! When can I finally live normally again?!" She yelled with the anger that had built up now released and directed at the one other person in her room. The bedroom fell quiet as Y/n's breaths became steady and soundless all the while Jeff stared onward. His hands were stuffed into the pockets of his hood and he looked away. It was a surprise even to her that he hadn't threatened to slit her throat right here and now.

"It's the harsh truth, but you won't be able to," he stated bluntly and rather quietly, "and it's stupid that I'm the one who gets to tell you." He now turned his face away from her, scowling; yet the marks on its face made it hard to do so.

It was quiet for a whole minute after that. Either Y/n used this time to listen to the outside of the bedroom just in case one of the other three that also lived with her heard the commotion or she used it to think things through and to ask why. Why was she at the center of this and why did it always have to come down to this? A small draft entered the room, signaling to the two that the window was still open. The drapes that hung on either side of the window weakly danced for a moment, before falling limp.

"Do we have to leave this place?" Y/n finally broke the silence between the two. She didn't wait for him to answer, moving to her bed to sit down, bat still tight in her grip. The killer thought for a moment, lifting his chin.

"Right now? No...but possibly in the near future," he gave a shrug, turning to head back to the window. He brought up his right leg, his shoe landing on the edge of the nook.

"What about my mom?" She questioned again before he could leave, "Jerry and Gilbert?" If Y/n left unexpectedly in the middle of the night, her mother would freak out. That was an understatement, but no other words could describe what she would do. And if Y/n left and this place was found by the people that wanted to kill anyone even related or a part of the TV show...