Chapter 20

"Y/n, here," Armen approached her after a few minutes of rest, holding out the roll of bandages that Jerry had used moments before. The three of them moved ways away from the room the brawl had taken place. Even with the tracker locating and broadcasting her every move, they needed a considerable amount of rest.

Y/n shook her head, "no bandage can fix....this," she moved her opposite hand to move toward her injured shoulder. It throbbed at the indirect mention, the muscle aching, more than just sore, "save it for later."

Armen stared at Y/n for a moment, a sigh escaping through his nose as he moved away from her position. This room was quite small, but it only had three doors, limiting the places where someone could come from. There had to be only a small amount of people left, right? Considering that multiple had gotten killed in just a short time...this whole game had to be almost done with.

The h/c-haired girl pushed herself against the corner of the room, wincing at the pain that shot down her arm, her non-dominant one. She looked over at Jerry, finding him fiddling with a small knife, then to Armen, who had been sorting out the weapons they had gathered from the fallen. Neither of them wanted those items to fall into the wrong hands.

"Hey," Jerry spoke from his corner of the room, still messing around with the knife, he wasn't speaking to anyone specifically, "what do you guys want to do...when you get out of here?"

Y/n's eyes flickered over to Jerry, then to Armen who stared at the other male in return, then turned his head away. Nobody said a word for a bit.

"I want to go to the beach and run into the water," he spoke up again, a small smile appearing on his face, "maybe get some ice cream too."

Armen snorted at the last comment, "I want to go to an amusement park at night and ride the Ferris wheel."

Y/n blinked in surprise and stared off into space as she thought about what she'd do when getting out of this place. The most likely thing she'd do was go into hiding again, but there was a part of her that just wanted to run wild.

"Maybe go to my favorite fast-food place and order three times as much as I usually do?" Y/n chuckled, "or visit my old house again."

By this time, the three of them finally cracked a smile, Jerry's the widest. This moment was fleeting, but only momentarily. Sure, it allowed them to think of other things for once and not about their current situation, but it was bittersweet.

"Pretty sure my parents are worried sick..." Jerry mumbled, "don't think they know I'm even alive."

Armen and Y/n glanced at him, then at each other. There was an indescribable pain in her chest. She had nobody to return to...nobody blood-related, that is.

"What about you, Armen?" Jerry asked, looking over at him curiously. The male grimaced and shook his head, toying with the handle of one of the weapons he was sorting near the far side of the wall. A nerve had been struck.

"Not for a while, no," his voice was soft but full of quiet anger, "they were...taken out of the picture for a while, since my season."

"....Killed, then?"

Y/n flashed Jerry an alarmed look, but Armen nodded anyways.

"By one of the killers themselves," he finished, "you probably already heard, but whoever was a contestant in a maze, anyone related to you gets put on a list... That list is handed out among the," he air quoted, "actors, and they're allowed to go on a spree. The winner's family survives though...at least, they were supposed to."

Something bitter swarmed on Y/n's tongue. The thought of her father, the creator, allowing this made her fume. If Y/n didn't have the protection she had during the maze, would he have allowed her mother, his ex-wife, to live? Surely not.