Chapter Fourteen

_____________

_____________

An eerie ambience surrounded the trailer as Steve stopped outside the Creel house. Lucas, Max and Erica all jumped out, a chorus of goodbyes and good lucks and then Steve was driving back to Eddie's trailer. Monica held her spear in one hand and Eddie's in her other. He gave her a squeeze every now and again with a nod of encouragement, but even that didn't make her feel much better.

They stopped around the corner from the trailer park, they were still in the stolen trailer after all. Nancy and the group were doing a quick run down of the plan.

"Nobody moves on to the next phase, until we've all copied. Nobody deviates from the plan, no matter what. Got it?" Nancy spoke firmly, Robin was right to say Nancy was the one in charge, they'd fall apart without her. Monica had grown to like her, a lot.

"Got it." Everyone nodded and started to gather up their things.

They quickly walked to Eddie's trailer, all keeping a look out in case somebody was walking around. The put together rope was still there when they entered the trailer. Steve was the one to go through first, bringing the mattress out for everyone else to land on. Robin knelt down so Nancy could climb up, then they threw up the weapons. Eddie helped Monica up then followed. Next came Robin and Dustin. Monica took a deep breath and Nancy swung the front door of the trailer open. It still baffled her she had just been in this very spot not five minutes ago, just a nicer version.

"Hey guys, listen," Steve started, turning back to Dustin, Monica and Eddie. "If things here start to go south, I mean at all, you abort," He looked at them sternly. "Draw the attention of the bats, keep them busy for a minute or two, we'll take care of Vecna. Don't try to be cute or, be a hero or something."

The trio looked between themselves.
"Don't worry, you can be the hero Steve." Dustin assured him. Monica nodded in agreement.
"Absolutely, I mean look at us. We are not hero's." Eddie said with a slight chuckle.

Steve nodded back with a slight smile.
"Hey, Steve?" Eddie stepped forward, grabbing his attention. "Make him pay." They just looked at each other for a moment.
"Steve," Monica pulled him into a quick hug, she didn't want to waste any time but this could possibly be the last time they all saw each other alive. She could feel tears stinging her eyes just at the thought. Steve wasn't used to much physical contact, but he soon hugged her back.
"Be careful." She almost whispered.

"Just look after each other." He said before following Nancy and Robin into the woods.

Eddie threw his arm around her and his other around Dustin. "Now for the fun part." He said with a smile. They followed him back into his trailer to his bedroom.

Eddie's bedroom felt special to Monica now. In such a short amount of time, she had so many happy memories in there. But she looked around the dull bedroom, covered in vines and felt nothing special at all. However, there was one thing that stood out.
"It's like she was destined for an alternate dimension." Eddie spoke with such passion as he walked over to his guitar which was placed by his mirror.