[6]

The Chief led Erin into the station, Joyce Byers on his heels

The Chief led Erin into the station, Joyce Byers on his heels. He brought the two of them to his office motioning for them to have a seat. "Wait here. I have to take care of something first"

The two sat in anxious silence, both unable to sit still. Hopper was gone all of ten minutes before the door swung open to reveal the Chief, Nancy and Jonathan in tow.

Hopper motioned for the other two to sit, leaning against his desk and pinching the bridge of his nose. "Somebody better get to explaining because we are in deep shit"

Erin explained what happened the night of Steve's party, how he was taken and Barb had disappeared, how he was stuck wandering around the monstrous wasteland for almost a week, and how Nancy found him. Jonathan and Nancy chimed in explaining how they had found Erin through a hole in the woods, and how they had gotten pictures of the monster that took Barb and we're trying to hunt it, hence all the weapons.

"So this monster? Does it's face open up?" Joyce asked, surprising her son. They all nodded dumbfounded and she gave Hopper a look. "Great another thing to add to the list"

Everyone shared a look, their gazes broken by a commotion outside the door. "I need to speak to the chief!" A nasally voice demanded. Hopper groaned putting his hat on and swinging the door open. A blonde woman was stood there with her arms crossed, a boy Erin had remembered to be in Dustin's grade behind her looking terrified.

The woman and the other officers continued to bicker, Hopper towering over them. "Hey! What is going on?!" He boomed causing them all to halt.

"These two are mocking my son!"she exclaimed pointing an accusatory finger toward the officers "We weren't mocking him! We're just trying to get a statement" the woman looked at him with her mouth agape. "A child broke my sons arm and they are mocking him!"

The officer looked at Hopper exasperated "It was a little girl Chief. Tiny"

Hopper looked at the woman annoyed, taking a breath to calm himself "Little girl? Tell me about the little girl"

  The woman nodded to the boy, nudging him forward. "She broke my arm with her mind! She's a freak! Just like those nerds she hangs out with"

  Hopper leaned down to the kids level, looking at him urgently "This girl.. did she have a shaved head?"

  The boy nodded, realization dawned on Erin. The girl they found in the woods that night. He never got to check if they got help for her. He worried for his brother, praying he didn't get himself in deep shit.

"Who was she with?" Hopper demanded. Before the kid could answer Erin chimed in. "She was with our brothers. I've met her"

The Chief looked at Erin urgently, grabbing his shoulder "Do you know where they are? We need to find them" Erin shook his head "I don't, but I know how we can find them"