Chapter 1-5: Untold beginning

['...So cold...'

Serein clenched her jaw to stop her teeth from chattering, these three hours under the rain only worsened the freezing all over her body that she could practically see her fingers turning white.

'Ideally, I'll get to the oasis before the sun sets.'

It was that moment...

"ARGH!!!"

Loud screams were heard from the South.

It's not a monster's screech.

"They're here already?" Serein knows the identity of these people.]

.・。.・゜✫・.・✫・゜・。.

['We're getting close.'

Serein held back a tired sigh as she propped the knight on her back as she advanced.

Her stamina is not lacking, but it was still tiring to carry someone that weighed almost twice as much while jumping from one branch to another, whereas she's trying not to slip to their doom.

She didn't even have to look down to tell that there's thick acid below them, ready to gobble them up as this forest's nutrients.

The smell itself was sharp enough to make them a bit lightheaded.]

.・。.・゜✫・.・✫・゜・。.

["—that is enough."

A stern voice resounded in that dimmed cave as a cloaked figure soon made his figure known.

A person, 2 meters tall, walked closer and hid the two behind him as he faced Serein himself while ignoring the violent protests of the two.

'Hmm?'

Serein found herself staring.

'Who... is this guy?']

.・。.・゜✫・.・✫・゜・。.

['My goodness...'

She ended up catching a fallen damsel.

'What's with this cliché setting?'

Serein just met this person. She did not even know his name, and yet here she is, cradling this stranger, preventing him from landing harshly on the gold ground.

What she's doing is pretty much what normally happens in romance stories but in reverse.

'Well, at any rate...'

Serein put the silly thoughts away as she reached out to his forehead after realizing that his body felt hot just from the touch.]

.・。.・゜✫・.・✫・゜・。.

['Either way, I need to start planning out things.'

With the little details she could remember about this world, Serein needs to change her mindset to survival mode.

Anticipating that 'Serein' would be the name she'd be living as for the rest of her life, then certainly she did not wish to only live a couple of weeks short just to be fish food.

'I need to heal this illness as well.'

And so, with these two new goals set up right before her eyes, that pair of hazel orbs sparkled with new vigor.

Anything to survive.

It looks like once again, Min Suhyun's old motto seemed to resurface.]