Chapter 16-20: Tale of the Past

[So many questions entered her mind at that moment, and Serein maintained her distance and had her dagger within reach in case she needed to fend for her life for the nth time in the span of 2 days she's been here.

With how much she's already losing blood and being trashed around, she honestly felt like reliving her rookie years as Min Suhyun.

Not to mention, this only solidified her speculation of how this place was not simply a speck of her own imagination or chaste of dreams, and instead, it is now a new reality she needed to survive in.

'I've nearly died for like... 2 times already. I need to be more careful.'

Of course, she did not count the times when she deliberately hurt herself or let herself become injured in a more controllable situation--]

.・。.・゜✫・.・✫・゜・。.

['To think that I– no, nobody, would have known the truth about this calamity had it not been from Serein-shi's reckless behavior...'

Just a bunch of impulsive conduct done by her guide, mixed up with their already deranged misadventures–

The young Princess felt like everything just turned from chaotic to full of madness the more she spent time with this daredevil.

Then again, that's not important right now. She can't yell, or complain, let alone scold the carefree adventurer if they ended up dying here, can she?

She's planning to do that later of course, but first...

'We need to find a way to stop her mourning!']

.・。.・゜✫・.・✫・゜・。.

["You said you're here to get something specific–?"

"Ooh~ what is it, little human? One of the sparkly sparkly items?"

Despite being interjected by the enthusiastic wyrm, her question was delivered.

"No. Actually, I came here for a certain book."

Serein tried to be vague with her answer, rather unsure how Cherry would react if she were to mention the relic's name. However, Pam seemed to be so curious that she ended up describing the book as far as she knows it when that mage piqued.

"Notebook of Certitude?"]

.・。.・゜✫・.・✫・゜・。.

[-Gururururu!!

The whole place shook again. Though this time, it seemed to happen in their best interest for once, seeing that the throne changed shape into something akin to a cage-like thing.

Although, instead of feeling ominous like how someone would normally feel toward a jail, the beautiful cage drew them closer instead.

'It's calling for us.'

Cherry truly felt that the cage was inviting them inside, and truthfully, she didn't know how to react to it since there was part of herself that was genuinely scared of this unknown scenario. Especially now that she must carry this mission with literally two additional weights onto herself.

"So, um... are we going in there?"]

.・。.・゜✫・.・✫・゜・。.

[{Comradeship is beautiful and all, but would it all be worth it if you died there and then from all of that blood that you lost—? No. Actually, let me guess. If your blood alone wasn't enough even after all of that, I bet you were willing to sacrifice your arm or even a leg as well, am I right or am I correct?}

This time, Serein had no comeback even if she was allowed to talk, all because what he said was true. She was indeed willing to do as much, ALTHOUGH, she was only confident in doing so because—

{–Because you have that magical elixir that can magically fix all your problems.}

Shit.]