Chapter 6-10: Mainstream Trip

[She traced the bandages on her neck. The place where she was bitten still hurts but supposedly, it's no longer bleeding as badly as yesterday.

'Well, I mean, although it was Cherry who wrapped me up, these are undoubtedly Sir Cevahir's right? Shouldn't that be enough of a payback then?'

Either way, it'll be profitable to accept the offer rather than decline it in vain.]

.・。.・゜✫・.・✫・゜・。.

["I don't make promises."

It wouldn't make sense for someone who suffers from a broken oath like her to make empty assurances, right?

Although from the get-go, even without the said misfortune, she was not a person who'd yap around words she didn't mean.

"I'll make sure that will be the case."]

.・。.・゜✫・.・✫・゜・。.

[Snapping herself out of her inner monologue regarding this legendary monster, Serein reached into her pouch again.

This time, she grabbed a container for a special and one of the two poisons that she had been using the rest of her fortune on.

Bright green in color, she'd say that the poison looked like it actually glowed in the dark.

'It looks expensive.'

Which it is.

She was betting her life on it after all.]

.・。.・゜✫・.・✫・゜・。.

[Shivers ran down her spine, her mind running a mile a minute.

'What are they planning now?'

Were they discussing how to kill her?

To eat her?

Or what's the deal here?

'Why are they suddenly quiet?'

Wary, but really, with how she's trapped within their domain without no way out, there was not much she could do rather than wait for this Monster to make their first move so she could find a chance to strike back.]

.・。.・゜✫・.・✫・゜・。.

[- BOOOM! BOOOOOM!! BOOOM!!

Followed by several more explosions, that small pause was exactly what Serein needed to get away from her fate of being a gore-themed cactus cosplay.

A burnt smell started to invade her nose as she finally had the chance to look up as the white-silverish fire spread on the plant-made dome.

"What the...?"]