Chapter 21-25: Fleeting Interlude

[- Shashashashashasha!

Pam absolutely went crazy on the grass as he laughed brightly. His wild run had made the blades of grass sound like it was being beaten by the wind.

His body was a blur while he occasionally jumped about. If Serein had to make a comparison, he was similar to a cat running around the house in a strange frenzy.

"Yeah, I said that I only get to go once, right? Well! Brother got hurt so Ceva-chi forbade us from searching for herbs again and we can only hop on his shoulder." he continued his story lightheartedly.]

.・。.・゜✫・.・✫・゜・。.

["I—"

Baffled, Cherry, as how she's been feeling lately, felt like slapping her face with her palm or so.

Clearly, it didn't even matter if Serein was not a human in a way. She's still a different breed than any other person that this princess had ever met in her life.

"Serein-shi, you're something else."

That mage looked at her with dead eyes, which was only reinforced when the adventurer herself agreed to it.

"I'm not like other girls."]

.・。.・゜✫・.・✫・゜・。.

[' ... What, why? what's with these stares?'

Serein, who was oblivious that owning an Archaic Relics wasn't as easy nor was it as common occurrence as she had initially thought, could only look away and pretend not to notice those gazes aimed at her while she's questioning herself at last.

'Is it really special to be able to contact a spirit?']

.・。.・゜✫・.・✫・゜・。.

["Huh. Okay then, since you're offering."

Surprisingly, she wasn't difficult to convince this time.

'Was it because she's too tired?'

Cherry found this response rather ominous despite how normal their guide sounded when she replied to him.

They barely knew each other for more than 48 hours, and yet that pink-haired mage had never seen the adventurer willingly accept help or any sort of support without questioning if she needed to pay back for it or blatantly rejecting the idea itself instead.

So...

'What's the difference this time?']

.・。.・゜✫・.・✫・゜・。.

[Ignoring Gil once more, Sam's sharp eyes eyed the adventurer before he uttered his question.

"The spirit that's sticking with you; Ai-shi. He told me that the three of us should follow you if we want big brother to heal completely. What does that mean? Isn't he healed already?"

Sam asked with a grave expression, his tone venomous mixed with anxiety that was evident despite how he tried to mask it with his intense facade.

All the while, Serein herself was left confused.

'Wait, Cevahir-min hasn't fully recovered?']