☾ dos

Soonyoung felt himself falling but he never felt a hit to the ground or water below him, instead, he fell and fell and fell. It was more like drifting not falling. He couldn't keep his eyes open because it was too bright.

He finally felt his body hit something soft and he rolled onto his back, staring straight up into what appeared to be the most beautiful arrangement of flowers.

He rubbed his eyes before leaning up to look closer at the hanging flowers above him. He pushed himself up and turned in a circle trying to figure out where he was.

The ground was covered in what looked like mirrors and white sand. He stepped carefully and gasped when he saw thousands of tiny moons whirl through the sky.

He walked for what seemed like forever through sand and a sky full of flowers until he saw a figure standing in front of a small door.

"You're early," Jun said irritated.
"Jun!" Soonyoung yelled, running towards the other.

"Come on, we have lots to do," Jun said, smiling into the other's embrace. Once they pulled apart Jun opened the small door and crawled through, looking back to let Soonyoung know to follow.

"This is fucking weird man," Soonyoung said.
"Shh," Jun said.

They crawled through until they reached an opening that brought them out into a beautiful field. This time it was bright and colored pink and purple just like one of the paintings Jihoon once made.

"Oh! Is this heaven?" Soonyoung asked, amazed. "It's so beautiful."
"Jihoon always made gorgeous art."
"Jihoon? What...what do you mean?" Soonyoung asked, confused.
"This isn't heaven. This is in between. It is what it is because it's your idea of perfect." Jun explained. "Look over there."

Soonyoung followed Jun's pointed finger to a big purple school bus covered in big pink peonies and roses.

"Is that our old bus from elementary?" Soonyoung asked, glancing at the 96 on the side of it.
"Mmhmm." Jun smiled. "I guess it was a good memory for you which is why it's here."
"It..it is a good memory," Soonyoung whispered touching the number. "It's when I first met Jihoon."

Jun nodded, opening the bus doors.
Soonyoung stepped on slowly and felt his heart jump when he saw Jihoon in the back seat. He ran to touch him but couldn't.

"It's a memory," Jun said.
Soonyoung nodded and sat next to Jun as he waited for something, he didn't know what.

"What do you mean in between?" Soonyoung asked, glancing back at the memory of Jihoon.

"You tried to kill yourself," Jun said.
"Tried?"
"Mm. You're in a hospital right now. You haven't woken up. You get to choose. Either stay here and go to the other side or go back home and give life another chance."
"Why would I go back?" Soonyoung laughed bitterly.
"Oh, Soonyoung." Jun sighed resting his head on the other's shoulder. "You'll understand soon."