☾ seis

Smoke

Smoke. That was all Soonyoung could see. It felt like Soonyoung has been walking for hours. His feet were sore, and his constant need for sleep grew, but he couldn't give up now. He needed to find Jun.

"Please," He cried out to no one in particular. "I need to find you, Jun." Soonyoung shut his eyes and began running. Running and running as if it would lead him somewhere.

His running only lasted a couple of minutes until he had to stop to catch his breath. He heaved in the cold air. It tightened his chest as the frost invaded his lungs. Slowly, he wrapped his arm around his chest for warmth while opening his eyes. There he was, in the middle of a wheat field. The beautiful colors of golden brown to white shimmered. He looked around to see if there was anything out of place. His gaze landed on a purple door almost out of his eye's distance. Soonyoung shivered and made his way towards the door.

Sooner or later, Soonyoung made it in front of the door. The door was painted a lilac purple, but the paint appeared to have already peeled off, as though it had been here for years. There was a quick movement of his eyes from the handle to anywhere else. His body trembled with heavy hesitation. Soonyoung took one more breath before opening the door and stepping inside.

His eyes widened when he realized where he was. As soon as he saw the yellow walls and shelves full of books, he knew he was in his old high school library. It was a confusing time for Soonyoung. Over the course of his high school career, he never stepped foot in this building. Why would he have memory here out of all places?

Since he'd never been inside and had only seen the inside from a window, he decided to explore. Honestly, it wasn't as fun as Soonyoung had hoped, it was just books after all.

Walking past aisle after aisle, he tried figuring out why he was there. He abruptly stopped when he spotted a brunette squatting. Soonyoung recognized that mop of hair anywhere.

"Jun!" He exclaimed, "Oh gods, I'm so thankful I found you. I need to apologize- hey, are you listening?"

Soonyoung walked up to Jun and touched his shoulder. When his hand went straight through Jun's body, he gasped. "He's a memory?"

He watched as Jun picked a book from the shelf and stood up. Soonyoung followed right behind the older, watching him walk up to another familiar face that was sitting at a table.

"Wonu! I found the book we need for the project. See, I'm not as useless as you thought I was." Jun snickered, waving the book in front of the other. Wonwoo 's eyes flickered up from his laptop to acknowledge his chirpy friend.