☾ tres

"Jun, seriously, stop!" Soonyoung planted his feet firmly into the ground, heels digging in. Jun stumbled back a bit and let go of Soonyoung's hand.

"I can't explain. I just need you to get where you need to be before time is up. Can you not just trust me? Please? If not for me then Nari!" Jun pleaded. Soonyoung sighed and nodded his head, slowly falling into step with Jun as they continued on a path Soonyoung was unsure of.

Once they got to the big orange ball Soonyoung walked up to it to touch it, surprised to feel it was velvet. He brushed his hand over it and watched the orange turn lighter to darker with each swipe of his hand.

"What is this?" Soonyoung turned to face Jun.

"That's how you get back but it's not time yet," Jun said, checking his watch.

"How does this get me back?" Soonyoung asked, confused.

"I don't know. It's your world, not mine." Jun shrugged. Soonyoung simply nodded, taking another swipe across the ball. When he noticed Jun had continued to walk on he ran to catch up.

They both walked for what seemed like a long time. Longer than expected considering Soonyoung was supposed to be on some imaginary time limit. He glanced back at the orange ball floating behind him and he swore he saw it light up weakly.

Soonyoung was so focused on what was behind him that he walked straight into Jun's back. When he looked past Jun he saw piles of giant old books. He didn't have to see who was sitting next to one because he already knew it was his best friend, Wonwoo.

"Oh! Wonwoo is here too!" Soonyoung smiled, turning to Jun. His smile dropped when he saw Jun's face though. "Hey, Moonie, are you okay?"

Jun quickly nodded and let out a breath shakily. "Yes, I-I knew he would be here but I wasn't ready. He's..so pretty."

Soonyoung smiled and wrapped an arm around Jun as he guided them closer to Wonwoo who was frantically searching through book after book.

Soonyoung stopped to watch the memory but Jun continued until he was right next to Wonwoo. He smiled at him even though he couldn't see him and he nervously reached out to brush some hair from Wonwoo's eyes. Wonwoo shuddered and looked up and around but then looked back to his books. Jun wiped at some tears before standing up and stepping back to make way for memory Soonyoung to run in and kneel at Wonwoo's feet.

"Won, you have been here for hours. Can we please go?" Soonyoung whined.

"You're so annoying. Why don't you try to read something that doesn't just have pictures?" Wonwoo stuck his tongue out.