Chapter 5

Ryuu Pov

I woke up this morning knowing damn well that I will be working my ass off to level up, so looked at my level using {Mage System}.

Name:Ryuu

Age:14 (going on 15)

Level:29

My eyes widened happily at the sight of my level. I nudged Akari to wake her up.

Ryuu:' Akari! Akari wake up! I'm one level away! '

I sounded like a kid on Christmas morning waking up their parents to open their presents.

{Oh! Ryuu you may want to check towards your tail.}

Ryuu:Why?

{Uh...I forgot to mention that once you reincarnate from the very beginning with becoming a Pokémon there is a small chance that you can have your gender change.}

(Note from Author:I couldn't find a picture of a male human Hisuian Zourark on the internet so this was a stupid excuse to make it easier on my sanity. Sorry 😭)

Ryuu:Bull shit.

{Then look down.}

I looked down then then saw what I dreaded so screamed both out loud as a Pokémon and in telepathy.

Both Akari and Vanilla shot up.

Akari:I'm up. What?!

Vanilla:Bunear!!! (I'm not ready to die!!!)

I started to cry.

Ryuu (😭):Reincarnation suck!!!

Akari:Why are you saying that?

Ryuu:Because I got reborn as a girl.

Akari:There is no wa-

She went to look and backed up.

Akari:That does make some problems...

She said pulling the collar of her shirt slightly nervously.

{Small Timeskip to the Galaxy Hall}

Akari Pov

I carried in my crying teammate to Captain Cyllene's office.

Cyllene:What did you say to him?

Akari:Uh actually Captain...We found out something about Ryuu just recently...

Cyllene:That being...?

Akari:Ryuu got reincarnated as a female Zorua.

Cyllene:Wait what?

Akari:Yeah...they haven't stopped crying since I woke up...

Cyllene:Are you saying she needs the day off or...

I rubbed the back of my head then lead Cyllene to the hall.

Akari:Sorry but I feel like they needs support from someone other then their teammate. Someone who views them as their child.

Cyllene:Why me?

Akari:Truth is that Ryuu didn't have the love a normal child did when they were alive, and sure I took care of them the most but she needs the love a mother most of all right now. Mentally gender change is no big deal, but from what I see right now having it changed in person...it's a huge deal.

Cyllene looks at me with a look of sadness then to Ryuu. She sighs then looks back to me.

Cyllene:All right... you go out to fill the Pokédex. Ryuu will stay here with me.

I nodded then headed out the door as Cyllene returned to her desk.

Cyllene Pov

I thought about what I should say to Ryuu carefully as I returned to my desk.

Cyllene:Hey Ryuu... wanna go for a walk with me for a little bit?

Ryuu sobbed then hopped onto my shoulder with sadness on their face.

Cyllene:' This is going to be hard to make Ryuu look past his old life on to her new one. Now that I think about it that sentence made nearly no sense... '

I walked outside then walked around the village. I kinda hoped that the walk will make Ryuu calm down a little about the gender change, but from the drooped ears and sad expression tells me otherwise.

Cyllene:Ryuu changing genders isn't a totally bad thing it doesn't mean the end of the world.

Ryuu:Yeah I know but grew up being a boy from birth to death... But now...I don't know...

I felt terrible saying it isn't the end of the world, but I'm right. The world doesn't stop because you're gender changes. So I tried to think of a scenario to help Ryuu see being a girl isn't that bad. I decided to talk about the situation Ryuu was in a more calming area of the village. The beach.

Cyllene:Look at it this way... Ryuu imagine your old life as a male Gardevoir and your trainer didn't have a Dawn stone and your new life as a Gallade but your trainer had the Dawn stone and you really really wanted to be a Gardevoir.

Ryuu got quite again.

Cyllene:Your old life you lived as a Gardevoir because you had to and your trainer apologized profusely, but you understand because that trainer has took great care of you since he caught you.

Ryuu remained quiet while looking at the ground.

Cyllene:Now think about your new life as Gallade but you really really wanted to be a Gardevoir, you don't like the new form as Gallade despite how agile it is you don't like the strength but you go with it anyway because you can't go back. So going on with your life you learn everything you need to know about being a Gallade and slowly but surely you learn to enjoy your new form because your trainer needs you and your strength.

Ryuu looked at their reflection in the water sadly.

Cyllene:Look I know I'm doing a terrible job at trying to explain this. All I'm asking you to do is to try to except it.

I decided to take Ryuu off my shoulder and hug them close.

Cyllene:After you and Akari explained that you haven't actually felt the love of your family before you came to the this world and the Galaxy Hall... It made me realize that there are some parents out there willing to throw they're children to the wild and let them get eaten alive by the predators present.

I actually felt myself cry as I hugged Ryuu, but thankfully no one but Ryuu was around to see me cry.

Cyllene:I'm willing to be the mother you never had if you're willing to let me be.

Ryuu Pov

I was both shocked and confused. She'd actually mother someone who isn't even her child. Why? Why would someone do that. I honestly didn't know why but I didn't care. I nuzzled up to Captain Cyllene's cheek and cried.

Ryuu:I would love to be your child boy or girl.

Cyllene hugged me again happily.

Cyllene:I'll be the best mom a kid could ask for.

We both stood there hugging each other for a good three minute until we decided to head back to the Galaxy Hall.