chapter2

y/n pov

*years ago

mom rang the breakfast bell as i finished getting ready. i walked out of my room behind vanya. we got the the table and stood next to our chairs. mine was next to ben. dad enterned after us. 

"sit" he said. i started eating. i knew i was tense. i always was. especially at breackfast where if i even smiled that day would be training by myself as i had "shown to much emotion". i was watching the people around the table and saw luther and allison smile at each other. i could see Klaus rolling a joint under the table and could hear diego carving into his chair. ben was next to me reading a book. he nudged my side as i looked around the table. he moved the book closer to me.  i realaxed a bit and he noticed and gave me a smile. he knew i couldnt but i took my finger and traced a smile on his hand. we red the book together until we heard a bang on the table. my head shot to the noise. the record was still playing in the background. i saw that fives knife had been stabbed into the table. 

"number five" dad asked

"i have a question"five asked

"knowledge is an admiralble goal, but you know the rules. no talking during mealtimes. you interrupted Herr Carlson"

"i want to time travel" five said. i looked over at ben whos jaw was dropped. i hit his leg slightly and he sat back up and looked at me before back at five.

"no" 

"but im ready. ive been practicing my spatial jumps, just like you said" five then got up and teleported next to dad."see"

"A spatial jump is trivial when compared with the unknowns of time travel. One is like sliding along the ice, the other is akin to descending blindly into the depths of the freezing water and reappearing as an acorn."

"Well, I don't get it."

"Hence the reason you're not ready."

i saw vanya shake her head at him.

" I'm not afraid."

"Fear isn't the issue. The effects it might have on your body, even on your mind, are far too unpredictable. Now, I forbid you to talk about this anymore."

five then ran out of the room. 

"Number Five! You haven't been excused! Come back here!"

*present day

i woke up and looked around. i just remembered i slept in bens room. i sat up and looked around one last time before heading off to my destroyed room. i grabbed my bag off teh floor and grabbed an outfit. 

"morning miss y/n" pogo said as i walked downstairs.

"morning pogo"

"howd you sleep"

"alright how about you"

"i slept alright to thanks for asking"

"im going for a wa-" thats when i heard klaus talking. "when did he get back"

"late"

"high?"

"on the end of it"

"let see what hes up to then.

ben pov

i heard steps coming towards the room me and Klaus where in and decided not to warm him. that's when i saw her. she rolled her eyes and scoffed at Klaus shenanigans. she walked behind him and snatched the lighter from him.

"id rather not second hand smoke right now" she said as she walked towards teh bar i was leaning on

"jesus christ y/n" he jumped. then he looked at pogo who had a much more serious face than y/n who took the lighter and started playing with it in her hands. she looked around for a second before she watched klaus get talked to by pogo. she leaned on the bar next to me.