Chapter 8

*flashback*

"Kids get in the car, we have to go back to the house," Reginald yelled as the group of kids finished a mission. y/n linked her arm with Klaus's and ben's and dragged them to the car. 

"y/n I'm covered in blood," ben said quietly. she just shrugged. 

"I'll live. It's not mine, so I should be fine. "

klaus just laughed next to his two favorite siblings. y/n snapped her fingers, making the blood disappear from bens outfit. 

"Better?"

"Yeah," ben grumbled before they got in the car. y/n kluase ben diego, and allison squeezed into the backseat while luther sat in front. y/n was basically sitting on bens lap near the window. she laid her head back on his shoulder. 

"Hi," she whispered

"Hi," he said, raising his eyes in confusion. she smirked before kissing his cheek and turning away and hiding her emotions once again. Ben smiled slightly and looked out the window. Klaus kicked his foot slightly, and when Ben looked over, he raised his eyebrows with a smile. Ben rolled his eyes and turned away, not being able to get the smile off of his face.

the car pulled up to the house with a crowd of people in front of it. reginald stoped in the middle of the street before opening his door. diego opened the door, and the kids in the back row all climbed out. y/n was walking when a kid grabbed her wrist. ben imeditaly spun around, not feeling her presence near him.

"I'm your biggest fan!" the kids said. he had a homemade outfite plus mask. he was holding onto y/n tightly. y/n wasn't the best with physical contact, especially with strangers, and ben knew this. she was always afraid someone would get hurt while she was touching them because of how stressed she could get just by a small touch. y/ns body tensed as she held her breath, although it was now shaky. ben saw y/ns breath start to shake a little. y/n tried to pull away. ben wrapped an arm around her waist and carefully pulled her with him. she thankfully wrapped her arms around his upper arm. she melted into his touch as he led her towards the door. luther soon came up behind the boy and grabbed his arm. 

"hey hey your not supposed to be here," he said, pulling him away from allison, who was not too far behind y/n. 

"Get back behind the barricade!" reginald yelled

"It's just...i was born on the same day as the academy kids. i think I'm like them. i must be. i haven't quite figured out what my power is... yetbut maybe with your help, we can find out, " the boy said. reginald leaned down in front of the boy

"You have no power," he started. "You never will have power now go home," he said, pointing his cane

"no please its just. you have to let me stay. i came all this way. please don't make me go back. "

"A little word of advice, my boy," reginalds said, grabbing the boys' jacket. "Not everyone in this world can be powerful. chasing something unattainable is a recipe of a lifetime of dissaponment and resentment. so get off my property, " he said, grabbing him and throwing him off the path way. people started laughing as the group of teens were watching from the gate. 

*present time*

we were all back in the living room when five gave us a paper

"hardol jekens? " allison asked

"Who the hell is harold jenkins?" deigo asked afterward

five finished his coffee before throwing the empty cup

"I don't know...yet. but I do know he's responsible for the apocloys. so we have to find him. and we have to do it now, " said

"How is he connected to what's going to happen?" luther asked