Chapter 9

Y/n pov

Me and Allison were driving to this guy's grandmother's house when we got stuck in some sort of traffic. I sighed and looked out the window. Allison was watching everyone before she quickly undid her seat belt.

"Allison?" I asked. She didn't respond and just got out of the car. I sighed before doing the same myself and following after her. She walked to where there was caution tape and without thinking went under it. I watched her confused

"Hey pardon me hey!" A police officer said walking over to Allison. I rubbed my temples lightly. "I gotta ask you to stay behind the lines. We had an accident last night"

"What kind of accident" she asked.

"Ma'am the line. Please"

"Ok sorry," she said before going back under and standing next to me.

"Got a lot of stuff on the ground to be wary of."

"What happened?" Allison asked again

"We're trying to figure that out. As soon as we do, you'll be able to read
it is in the newspaper with everybody else.
So, have a nice day." He said before starting to walk away. She took off her sunglasses.

"Look officer if there's any way" she started.

"Holy shit!" He said as he saw her. "You're Allison Hargreaves! I  saw you on TV two nights ago in that Sandra Bullock movie about underpaid teachers that rob a bank."

"Yeah that's me," she said

They chatted for a moment about one of her movies which I most likely didn't watch before someone spoke through his walkie. Something about how some guy gained consciousness.

"Allison freaken Hargreaves," he said before laughing "My wife's not gonna believe this" I shook my head a little. "Anyways I gotta go. Work stuff" he said.

"Yeah of course sorry..." Then I saw her thinking for a second "Actually that's why I'm here"

"What are you saying" I whispered. She waved me off.

"I'm... I'm researching a role.
A law enforcement role."

"In Jackpine Cove?
We haven't had a m*rder here in years." He said back shocked.

"Oh, uh... it's about, um...a small-town cop who takes down a drug cartel. In fact, maybe I could tag along while you conduct some official police business.
I promise... I won't get in the way.
I just...I think you could really, um...
help me develop my character, if I could live a day in the life, you know. It was her idea" she said looking over at me. I looked at her with wide eyes before nodding

"Yeah yeah. Thought going to a small town, not many people have heard of would broaden her horizons" I said with a fake smile.

"A day in the life eh?...come on. Follow me" he said.

Both me and Allison let out small sighs before following.

.-.-.-

We were now at a hospital. I was leaning against the wall watching Allison and the police officer.

"Mr lunz can you hear me?" The police officer asked. The guy groaned obviously not wanting to be awake at this moment.

"Who are you" the guy asked.

"I'm Officer Cheddar and these are my...associates," Cheddar said. Just have a couple of questions for ya"

"Am I in trouble?"

"No trouble, nothin' like that. I just... I wanted to ask you about the accident in the Bearskin Tavern parking lot last night."

The man sighed. "You're a cop...you gotta protect me no matter what right?"