chapter 3

y/n pov

*five years ago (vanyas book came out)

i grabbed the book off the libray shelf. i sat down on one of the chairs and started reading

"My name is Vanya Hargreeves, and this is my story.We were never a real family.We were our father's creation, family in name but not in fact.In the end, after our brother Ben had died, there was really nothing connecting us. We were just strangers living under the same roof destined to be alone" i could image luther reading this while doing some workout to keep in shape

 "starved for attetion" allison reading this getting ready for the next big movie she was is

"damaged by our upbringing. " diego. probably hitting a punching bag with vanyas face on it. probably klaus reading this in rehab or prison. i dont have a clue at the moment. 

"and haunted of what might have been" that would probaby be mentioning me. still wondering what would of happened if ben never died. would i still be depressed. would i still be living in this god forsaken city or would i be happy. hanging out with ben everyday. maybe even getting to know my siblings more. like she said haunted of what might have been. i saw a tear drop onto teh page. i took a breath and continued reading. 

"we all wanted to be loved by a man incapable of giving love. our father nver missed an opportunity to remind me i was ordinary. a hard thing for a little girl to hear. if youre reaised to belive nothing about you is special if teh benchmark is extroninary what do you do if your not"

i grabbed my bag and got in my car. i remebered klaus's ussual reheab center. i walked in.

"hello" the front desk worker said

"hi im looking for someone who might be here"

"name?"

"klaus hargreeves"

"you want to see him"

"yeah please"

"realtion to him"

"sister"

"alright right this way"

"hargreeves. you have a visitor" the women said knocking on a door

"oh cool" he said

"right in here" she said. i gave her a small smile before she walked away. 

"klaus" i said leaning on the door frame. 

"y/n what do i owe the pleasure" he said. i raised the book up. "so you red it to"

"yeah" i sighed.

"she really called us out"

"yeah"

"it felt like she was calling us out one by one"

"yeah."

"which one do you think you where"

"' haunted by what couldve been' which i mean its not wrong. i think about it everyday."

"bens death?"

"yeah"

"you do know its not your fault"

"how am i supposed to belive that. it was forced appon me that it was. its hard to shake off"

"i think its luther and alisons fault. they didnt let you save him... what do you think might have happened if he didnt die?"

"maybe wouldve gotten closer with the others. the team would still be together."

"anything else"

i gave him a small chuckle