10

Max yawned, deciding go get out of bed. He rolled off, his body falling onto the floor. He groaned a bit, still tired.

Max grabbed onto the clothing rack, using it to help himself get up. When he did, he felt like a baby taking their first steps. Every step was wobbly, making him decide to make a coffee so he wouldn't have to deal with the irritation of waking up tired.

He walked towards his coffee maker. making coffee in his cup that read "nope".

When it was done, he took a sip, smiling a little bit at the taste. He loved coffee. It was our of the reasons why he was still alive and haven't hung himself on a tree yet.

He wondered what time it was, so he pulled put David's phone to check. He held the phone in his hand before clicking it on.

The phone light flashed in his face, the time reading eleven am.

The time surprised Max, it was was a late, yet nobody woke him up.

So, since it was late, Max grabbed him cup to go.

He opened the tent flap, expecting to see campers.

Instead, it was just David and Gwen waving off to a black car.

Both counslers looked his way. David had a bit of a sad expression on his face until he saw Max.

"Oh, Good morning Max! Looks like it's just us three." He said it in his cheery tone. He was sad that most of the campers were gone, but when he saw his favourite camper it put a smile on his face.

Max rolled his eyes at David. "Oh, goodie!" Max aaid into eh most sarcastic tone you could ever rhink of. "David, my parents aren't coming. And even if they do, it's gonna be a ton of hours and a bunch of missed calls that would convinc them to come pick me up. They. don't. care!" Max almost walked away back to his tent when dsvid stopped him.

"Hey, how bout we wait for them together?" David kneeled down to his height, smiling at the boy.

Max thought about it. 'Why not?' he thought to himself. 'God I'm becoming a softie.' He thought before opening his mouth to speak, his tongue stained brown from the coffee. "Yeah. Sure. Whatever, it's not like I care, camp man!" Max said, trying to act tough when he was really soft in the inside.

Davids eyes sparkled. Gwen was even shocked too. "Wow. You really changed since the first time we saw you, you little shit." Gwen teased. She knew how much he hated that topic.

Max cleared his throat and took a sip. of coffee. "I DID NOT CHANGE!!"
Gwen laughed at that, walking to the counslers cabin.

David chuckled a bit. "How bout he go to the dock?"

Max hid his smile by looking the opposite direction. "Yeah, sure."

They walked over to the docks, sitting down at the edge with their feet dangling of the wood.

Max and David just talked and played Eye Spy for the part. Hours went by, and there was no sign on Max's parents. The sky painted a orange and pink clolour as the sun set.

Max was bored out of his mind, he wasn't really surprised, but he was for sure happy. He just wanted to get out of his house. 'Maybe Neil or Nikkis parents could adopt me' he thought, putting his elbows on his knees, his hands holding up his face.

David sighed as he looked up to the sky.

Suddenly, a car pulled up, startling them both.

Max's eyes grew wide. He looked like he just saw a ghost. His palms got a bit sweaty and his breathing fastened.

"You cant let me go there!"