11

TW: CHILD ABUSE, BLOOD, VIOLENCE, BRUISES, CIGARETTES

"You cant let me go there!"

Maxs eyes pleaded with despair as a middle aged man and woman walked outside of the car.

David looked at the boy and then looked at his parents. An idea struck in his head, causing him to grin. David got up and mouthed "Stay here, I'll be right back."

The man walked up to Max's father, a death stare marked in his eyes.

Maxs father opened his mouth to speak, only to be cut off by David. "Listen here because im only gonna tell you once. Max is not going back there. I'm calling the police. He doesn't deserve what you do to him . Im calling the police." David spit in his face.

The man wiped the spit off his face as Max looked from behind, his jaw completely dropped. He was questioning on how david knew what has happening at his fathers home, but too surprised at David's speech and actions to even care.

Max's parents both stared at eachother in shock, and then looking at Max. His father gave the boy a hostile glare then looked back at david.

Max's mother arched an eyebrow. "And exactly, how do you know this? Even if it was true, which isn't, you don't have any proof. So if you'll excuse me, I'm getting my son!" She yelled at David.

Max stepped back a little bit on the dock as his mother came towards him.

"Actually. We do have proof." Max said before his mother could come close.

His mother froze where she was, crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow. David also arched his brow.

"And exactly what that be?"

Max chuckled a little before taking his hoodie off.

The boys arms revealed a bunch of scattered bruises and cuts. But one thing that worried David was that on his wrirst, there was vertical cuts coming up from the start of his forearm. He wasn't a genius, but he could figure out where that was from.

"Oh, not enough? Don't even worry. There's a bunch of fucking bloody knifes and shit like that at your house! Sick fuckers!" He yelled, putting his hoodie on, obviously uncomfortable with his bare arms being shown.

His parents exchanged worried glances as Max handed David his phone.

David was more terrified from before. He didn't know it was that bad. He thought it just slaps and punches! But knifes? A shiver went don't davids spine thinking about the terrible things they had done to max.

He looked at his background, which he had saw was updated by Max. Max giggled a bit while he stared at the lockscreen. He opened the phone with his fingerprint, going to the phone app and typing in the polices number.

The parents just stood there. They realized that they couldn't do anything, so they shared their last cigarette that Max's father had. David coughed a little at the smell but Max was used to it so he didn't really mind it.

The phone rang, until it was answered by man who sounded like he were eating something. "911, What's your emergency?" He said, muffled.

"Oh yeah, hi officer. I'd like to report-" " SOME ASSHOLES!" Max yelled before David could finish his sentence. "Uh yeah but abusers. Can you send some people over?" David asked him in his most serious voice he could do.

The man chewed and swallowed down what sounded like chips. "Alright. We're sending people over" He said to him, in a sincere voice before hanging up before David could thank him.

Max never felt happier. He felt an euphoric feeling rushing through his body. And it really wasn't a secret. He looked like how he looked when he saw a dog.

It was not too long until the police arrived, cuffing the two. The said that they were just being questioned, and that an investigation was still going on.

Max arched an eyebrow as a question popped in his head.

"Wait, where the hell am I going?"

"Your gonna be going to an orphanage."