16

the following chapter has blood and self harm mentioned, you have been warned.

Max and David had just arrived home from the movies movies around one in the afternoon.

They just watched scream, and david was scared more than ever. "David! C'mon, it wasn't that scary." max said in a playful tone, elbowing David lightly. David walked to the couch with a look that looked like he had just saw a ghost. "Well, I'm glad you liked it!" he said, trying to mimic his cheery voice, but failing miserably.

He sighed a bit, "Okay, what's gonna get you out of this scared as fuck thing? Cartoons?" He said to David, trying to make him feel better. 'Shit, I'm becoming a softie..' he thought to himself.

"I don't know bud. Here, I'm gonna go on a call really quickly, so is it okay if you go upstairs for a moment?" David asked him in the nicest tone possible.

Max nodded and went upstairs. He played a game on his phone in boredom, until a thought hit his head.

'Nobody cares, just fucking do it already'

He took a deep breath and ignored his thought and continued to play his game.

'Your gonna die alone, and nobodies gonan miss you! Do it.'

He fought the urge to cry.

He finally gave up, and started to sob, running into into the bathroom which was connected to his room.

He closed the door behind him, forgetting to lock it. He was breathing heavily, "Shit. I thought life
was getting better." he muttered. He sat down on his bum, sobbing quietly into his knees. He was fighting the urge to break his streak of being clean. He was crying his eyes out, whispering the same words.

"Shut up..Shut up. Shut up!!"

He reached into his pocket, grabbing a
his box cutter.

He pulled up his sleeve and with hesitation, he started to slit his already cut arm. There was mostly old ones, but max changed that fact.

He kept cutting it along his skin, different places, more blood each time.

"You deserve this."

"You fucking deserve this."

He continued until his arm that ached from the movement. There was blood dripping down his arm. soon enough a teeny puddle of blood formed on his side.

It gave him memories from the not so long ago time where he got beaten at the orphanage, his nose leaving a pool of blood which he had to clean.

He shivered at that memory. He got exhausted from that breakdown, so much that made him fall asleep.

-

David walked up the carpeted steps, worried about how max was so quiet and want responding to his calls to his name.

"Max? Are you okay?" He stopped at an open light in the bathroom.

"Max if you don't respond I'm coming in."

No response.

David opened the door with no hesitation, feeling a hult when the door was half way opened. He looked behind the door to see a sleeping max, a puddle of blood next to him, his wrist covered with slits.

David nearly cried on the spot seeing Max. "Oh gosh.. Max?!" He yelled, shaking the boy, making his eyes flutter open.

As soon as he realized who was squatting down infront of him, he nearly had a heart attack. "Fuck. I'm sorry.. Uh shit I'll clean thi-" He was cut off by David giving him a hug. He held in his tears for all he could, to the point he couldn't he let it all out on davids shoulder. "Its okay, it's okay, now tell me what happened." David said, still holding the boy into a hug.

Max sniffed and started to speak. "Its fine David. I'm alright." He was still sobbing into David's shoulder.

"If you don't wanna tell me, that's okay, I just wanna know so I know what happened so I can help, kiddo." He said to the boy, patting the boys back.

Max didn't say anything but cry. Until he decided to talk. "Well.. I thought of how my parents dont care and-" He sniffed, cutting himself off. "It kinda hit a soft spot and then I did..that." He finished, his voice craking talking about his wrist.

He began to cry even harder as David rubbed his back, assuring him everything was okay now.

"Whatever happens, I'll always care. Okay? I'm here. And look, maybe they don't care. But forget about them! I do care, and I will never stop, okay? Just stay strong for me."

HI GUYSS!! THANK U SO MUCH FOR REAKDNG UP TILL THIS PART! HIPE YOU ENJPYED THIS STORY! IF YOU LIKED THIS STORY, BE SURE TO FOLLOW TO ALWAYS SEE MY NEW ONES! :)) LOVE YOU GUYS!