15

Max woke up in a bed that wasn't his. He rubbed his head head in agony, "Shit..where am i?" he said, looking around the room for answers.

It took him a while to recall the day before, realising that he must've awoken in davids bed.

He never felt so much relief, he was finally free. It felt weird as those words slipped his tounge, but they did, and they were true.

He got out of bed and opened the door, it led him to a hallway with carpeted floors. "David?" Max called out, opening every door to find him.

"Down here, Max!" David yelled from downstairs.

Max walked down the stairs and to a smell of good food and a living room that was nicely decorated. He gasped a little at this, not really seeing anything like it exepct for TV shows. He didn't really expect something like this from David, either. He thought it would be all foresty. There was a long screen TV hung up on the wall, a small glass coffee table with a vase of roses, and a grey couch with decorative pilllows.

He walked into the room, not seeing any sign of David. He turned his head to see a dining room connected with a kitchen.

As he walked in, he saw david preparing an actual breakfast, so that was enough to get him exited. He was making strawberry pancakes, which smelled quite good. David turned his head around and greeted him with a goodmorning and a smile.

Max gave him a tired smile back as David flipped the pancake onto a plate and gave it to max. Max looked like hes never seen food nefore. "God David, you can cook? Ive always assumed you live in some kind of jungle. I dont know, like some Nikki kind of shit." Max said, his eyes sparkling at the food.

David chuckled a bit. "First of all, languagd, second, yes I can cook!" The way David had said it made max giggle.

David already ate, so he just talked to Max while the boy enjoyed his meal. He couldn't help buf smile at the boy, happy to see max enjoying something for once. They just talked about school
startong soon for the most part.

"Oh come on David!! School sucks!" Max said, sticking out his tongue at the older male.

"Does not!" David said nack, crossing his arms.

They continjed arguimg abput the topic until max finishex his pancake. They stopped after because david had brougjt up something new, "Did ya like it?" David said as Max put his plate in the sink.

Max continued to chew, so instead of ignoring him he had a simple nod.

David eyes suddenly started to sparkle. "Heyyy, we shoule go see a movie!!" David said to him in his natural cheery voice.

Max wasnt shcoked that david was taking him to the movies, but he ceritinaly was not used to this kind of treatment. "Oh, sick! Yeah I'm down for that." Max said, trying to hide how happy he was.

"Alright!" David said, running outside.

Before Max ran after david, one last thought crossed his mind.

'Maybe life isn't so bad.'