Interlude - The Daily Lives of Momonga - The man that took a risk

September 25th, 2133.

It was early morning, although that was impossible to tell due to the smog-covered skies of the outside world hidden behind the curtains on the windows. All was dark and quiet within the room, nothing but ambient noise and the soft sound of slumber.

Contrasting with the tranquil room was the exact state of it. All manners of clothing were strewn all over the room. As if a tornado had its way with the room. Clothing and undergarments of both sexes were scattered throughout. The most provocative was a pair of panties dangling from the ceiling fan above.

It wasn't difficult to gleam of what transpired from the state of the room.

Within the center of the shambled room was a single unkempt bed. A blanket was draped over the occupant, covering everything from their chest downwards. There, the two laid in bed together, the couples were resting on their sides with their sleeping faces facing one another. The woman's head was resting on her partner's forearm, using it as a convenient pillow. Her hands pressed against his chest as if to cuddle with him. His other hand completing the imagery with it resting on her supple back, bringing her closer to him.

On the surface, it was the picture of serenity. A man and a woman; seemingly lovers, naked as the day they were born in one another's gentle embrace. Peacefully sleeping without a care in the world.

However, that couldn't have been any further from the truth.

For upon closer inspection, the individual revealed himself to be none other than Momonga or rather, Satoru Suzuki. And he wasn't asleep either. Far from it in fact. Satoru was completely conscious and awake at that very moment. In fact, Satoru has been awake for a whole thirty minutes. When he had first woke up and found himself in the company of a woman, a naked one at that, within his very own bed. He reacted accordingly as anyone would.

In Satoru's case, reacting like a late twenty-year-old awkward, virgin with extremely poor social skills when it came to interacting with members of the opposite gender, which was not through a digital medium aka YGGDRASIL.

No, he did not exclaim at the top of his voice and wildly flailed around. Thus waking her up and ensuring a very awkward situation. Though he was very close to do just that, the salaryman managed to control himself and prevented himself from making a scene.

Satoru instead squeezed his eyes completely shut and remained as still as possible. Even clamping his mouth closed to prevent himself from screaming in surprise when he first laid eyes on her. Satoru chose to remain motionless, feigning sleep. He was even too afraid of moving his arm off of her body for fear of any sudden movement might rouse his mysterious visitor from her slumber.

If one were to gaze down upon his seemingly sleeping visage, it would appear that all was right with the world. A peek into his mind at this very moment, would have shown otherwise. At that moment Satoru's thought would go something along the line of this:

'Shit! Shit! Fuck! Shit! Oh my God! What the hell?! Who?! How?! What?! Damn it! Shit! Fuck!' A string of curses, and profanity both at the situation and at himself.

This line of thinking continued as he laid there, unable to truly do anything. All the while Satoru tried desperately to calm himself down.

'Ok, ok. Calm down!' After nearly ten whole minutes of silently panicking within his own mind, Satoru had finally gathered his wit. Once he was no longer mindlessly panicking, the salaryman sought to deal with the matter at hand. The first order of business was, of course, figuring who exactly it was that was in his bed.

'Alright, you can do this! Just stay calm and quiet and I won't wake her up.'

Slowly and carefully his eyelids open up, enough to allow Satoru to peek through. As he peered upon the sleeping beauty beside him, recognition hit him the force of a freight train. Satoru knew this woman laying with him.