Chapter 14 - The 9th World Champion Tournament IV

The tournament proceeded throughout the day, with both Shirou and Warrior Takemikazuchi fighting formidable Players one after the next as they progressed through the tournament. Some were undeniably powerful, and others were incredibly skilled, and as they advanced through the rankings, the challenge only grew. Yet the magus met and surpassed each and every last one of his opponents.

However, it would be in the semi-finals that Shirou would face his greatest and closest match to date within the entire World Champion Tournament.

Standing in the hallway for the umpteenth time, he waited for the two shoutcasters to finish their commentary and start the next round.

"Ladies and gentlemen, after several long and intense rounds of matches, we have nearly arrived at the end. Welcome to the semi-finals! And what a journey it has been!"

"HOW RIGHT YOU, SAM! WE'RE ONE STEP CLOSER TO SEEING JUST WHO WILL BE CROWNED THE 9TH WORLD CHAMPION! SO LET'S MAKE SOME NOISE!" Bob shouted.

"FINALLY, ALL THE TRASH TIER NOOBS HAVE HAD THEIR TEETHS KICKED IN, AND NOW WE CAN SEE SOME REAL FIGHTING! SERIOUSLY, MY GRANDMOTHER IS A BETTER PLAYER THAN THOSE SCRUBS... AND SHE'S NOT A META GAMING BITCH!"

The audience followed his advice, albeit against him. The air rippled as the commentators were showered with spurring boos and angry comments from the spectators. Shirou had to plug his ears just to stop them from ringing. If he somehow makes it through the tournament without any permanent hearing loss, that'll be a miracle in itself.

"Speaking of your grandmother, how has she been?"

"SHE'S BEEN GREAT! OH YEAH, SHE ALSO ASKED ME TO INVITE YOU TO THIS YEAR'S CHRISTMAS."

"Thanks. She's a sweetheart... Where were we again? Oh! Right, ahem! Starting us off as always is Emiya." Sam began, "In the first round, he wowed the crowd with his skills with both the bow and sword, and it only continued as he unveiled more and more of his tricks throughout the matches. With what we've seen so far, one must wonder just how many more he has up his sleeves. Whatever the case may be, there's no doubt that it'll be a match worth remembering! Welcome, Emiya, to the field!"

Taking it as his que, he stepped out of the entrance to the roar of the crowd. Unlike in the beginning and early on, Shirou noticed the change in tune. Before, much of the voices were vitriolic towards him, but as he racked up victory after victory, the consensus seemed to be more split. Half still booed him on principle and called him a cheater, while the others were more neutral and enthusiastic.

"YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN, SAM. IN OTHER WORDS, HE IS A LUCKY SPAMMER WHOSE CHOICE OF WEAPON IS ALL OF THEM! WITH A BIG FUCKING SWORD AND A BIG FUCKING BOW TO LAUNCH SAID SWORDS. WITH A BULLSHIT ABILITY LIKE THAT, THE SWORD SPAMMING PLAYER HAS BEEN GIVEN THE DISTINGUISH TITLE OF CHEATING HAXOR FUCKER!"

"Distinguished...?"

Shirou nearly missed a step upon hearing the commentary, sharing the co-commentator's absolute incredulousness at what he just heard. He wasn't the only one, as a few in the crowd - Ainz Ooal Gown included, were surprised, or in Ulbert's case, wheezing with laughter.

A single quirked brow rose. Guess opinions traveled faster than he'd thought.

"THE QUESTION IS, WILL HIS ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT POWER BE ENOUGH AGAINST HIS OPPONENT?"

"Just like Emiya, she's been making waves throughout the tournament, beating back veteran Players left, right, and center! No one can seemingly stop her as she claws her way towards the crown. Will she break through the obstacle before her, or will she fall to Emiya's blade like so many others before her?"