Secret (Lana Winters)

I unlocked the apartment door and was instantly hit by the smell of dinner cooking. I hung my coat on the hanger, discarded my bag on the floor and slipped my shoes off.

As I made my way down the corridor towards the kitchen I could hear the sweet voice Ella Fitzgerald and Lana humming softly along with her.

"Say nighty-night and kiss me..." Lana sang.

I smiled as I watched her from the door frame as her hips slightly swayed to the music. Her beige, check dress slowly swayed with her. She also wore an apron and hadn't bother to take her heels off.

I walked closer to her and gently wrapped my arms around her waist. As soon as I touched her, she jumped almost literally out of her skin but after turning around and realising who I was her scared expression quickly morphed into a smile that could melt you.

"Dinner won't be long baby." She smiled sweetly at me.

I was about to lean in to kiss her but she pushed me back and turned to the window quickly. The blinds were open enough that people could see in. I sighed.

"Don't sigh at me y/n, you know what will happen if anyone saw us, you're a teacher and I'm a respected reporter, if anyone saw us we'd both lose our jobs."

Lana walked towards me after closing the blinds and held her arm out for my to take her hand. I looked at her for a moment before I took her hand and allowed her to pull me to her. She placed her spare hand on my waist and I wrapped me free arm around her neck. We danced around the room as the record player spun. I rested my head in the crook of her neck as we swayed.

When the music stopped, I lifted my head to look into Lana's eyes. I could get lost in them. It didn't take long for her to close the distance between us and kiss me. Our lips moved slowly against each other as Lana moved her hand from mine to my waist, pulling me closer to her. I placed my hand on her face and slowly rubbed my thumb over her cheek.